****Tracker H-1 B extension **Vermont Service Center**

jobas2007

Hi All, I would appreciate if anyone on this forum can answer my questions below. I found this forum very helpful and I hope my questions will be answered?

1) Is USCIS really delaying H1B extension process if the case type is normal rather premium just because they are greedy for money?

2) Do you suggest me to ask my employer to upgrade my case to premium? Of course my employer won't pay from his pocket for premium.

3) Technically am I eligible to get maximum of 3 years extension based on I-140 approval? or Will I get only 1 year extension because I have completed 5 years by now.

Below are my case details. Thanks in advance folks!!!

Case Type: H1B Extension (Already Completed 5 years in USA, includes L1B -2.5 years + H1B -2.5 years)

Center: Vermont Service Center

Case Received Date: July 11th, 2013

Current Status: Initial Review

Employment Type: Full Time

Supporting Case: I-140 Approved

My H1B was expired on - Sept 30th 2013

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Below are my details ..

Case Type : H1B Extension

Center: Vermont Service Center - Regular processing

Received  Date:  04/30/2013

Notice Date :      05/07/2013

Some of the guys in my same project who submitted the extension after me (first week of May, third week of May e.t.c.) have got their approvals under regular processing. Is there anyone here, still waiting for request submitted prior to April 30 ? 

Not sure why they are taking so long ... its frustrating ...  :(

Hi Sree,

My I129 petition was received April 22 and my case is still under Initial Review.

Hi All,

Below are my details ..

Some of the guys in my same project who submitted the extension after me (first week of May, third week of May e.t.c.) have got their approvals under regular processing. Is there anyone here, still waiting for request submitted prior to April 30 ? 

Can anyone answer my questions?

Hi All, I would appreciate if anyone on this forum can answer my questions below. I found this forum very helpful and I hope my questions will be answered?

1) Is USCIS really delaying H1B extension process if the case type is normal rather premium just because they are greedy for money?

2) Do you suggest me to ask my employer to upgrade my case to premium? Of course my employer won't pay from his pocket for premium.

3) Technically am I eligible to get maximum of 3 years extension based on I-140 approval? or Will I get only 1 year extension because I have completed 5 years by now.

Below are my case details. Thanks in advance folks!!!

Case Type: H1B Extension (Already Completed 5 years in USA, includes L1B -2.5 years + H1B -2.5 years)

Case Received Date: July 11th, 2013

My H1B was expired on - Sept 30th 2013

Hi All,

Below are my details ..

I'm also there with you guys... mine was filed on 4/25. It's really frustating.

Hurrayy ... !

Finally mine also got approved  today  :)

Below are my details ..

Current Status: approved on Nov14

Petition Series - EAC13155*****

Almost 200 Days ...  :)

Thanks for all the contribution in this thread .. and best of luck to all who are waiting for a decision . God bless you all

The latest processing time at Vermont center has been updated as below:

I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Visa to be issued abroad 2 Months I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Change of status in the U.S. 2 Months I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. May 29, 2013

The latest processing time at Vermont center has been updated as below:

I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Visa to be issued abroad 2 Months I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Change of status in the U.S. 2 Months I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. May 29, 2013.

Also, the processing timeframe (as of September 30, 2013) for I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Extension of stay for H and L dependents and other sub categories is 2.5 months.

Those with an I-129 petition with a receipt date prior to May 29, 2013 and/or I-539 application with receipt date prior to mid July 2013 can now place an e-Request service request for their case for beyond posted processing times.

At least now hope..all the petitions applied in April are approved..isn't it? if so now turn for May folks.

The I-129 petition processing timeframe date does not mean that the USCIS Vermont Service Center has processed and approved or denied all the petitions filed in April.  For various reasons there can still be petitions filed in April that are still pending, e.g. in "Initial Review".

Update:

My wife and I got a "Lawful Presence Verification Pending" letter from the Texas DPS in a few days that states the they could not verify your information online and need to send your documents (copies) to the USCIS for verification. This is normal. It will then take up to 20 days per the letter for the Texas DPS to get the verification back from the USCIS. After which, you will be able to get a driver license renewal for 8 months (240 day period of authorized employment and stay while our H visa extensions are being processed by the USCIS).

I spoke to the Texas DPS yesterday and they got our verification (took 15 days). My wife and I went into the Texas DPS office today and got our renewed driver licenses for the 8 month period with no problem. The $25 fee (which is the regular 6 year renewal fee) is $1200 less than paying for premium processing.

My DL expires today. I have filed for change of status to H4 from H1. I went to DPS in Dallas, TX. They said that I will receive a letter from them in a week. After that, I need to go back to DPS office and renew my license.

Is that the process or once I get the letter, I need to submit my visa documents to DPS? They already made copy of my I-94, SSN and I-797C for pending H4 application.

Please share your knowledge. It will help me a great deal.

Thanks.

My DL expires today. I have filed for change of status to H4 from H1. I went to DPS in Dallas, TX. They said that I will receive a letter from them in a week. After that, I need to go back to DPS office and renew my license.

Is that the process or once I get the letter, I need to submit my visa documents to DPS? They already made copy of my I-94, SSN and I-797C for pending H4 application.

Please share your knowledge. It will help me a great deal.

Thanks.

Bring the original documents you mentioned (the DPS will only look over them and hand them right back to you) and the lawful presence verification letter you will receive from the Texas DPS, and you should be able to review your driver license.

People can call uscis and can know about the reasons.  As mentioned in the latest processing report "Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: September 30, 2013"

I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. May 29, 2013

And a note says that "

IMPORTANT: If your receipt notice date is earlier then the processing date shown, we suggest you call our USCIS Customer Service Office at 1-800-375-5283 for assistance. 

why can't you check with USCIS about the delay?

Finally approved after converting to premium process

Case Type : H1B Extension

Processing Type : Normal Processing

Date Applied : June 11th, 2013

Processing Type: Converted to Premium Processing on Nov 19th

Current Status: Approved on 21st Nov

Employment Type: Full Time

• 2 weeks later...

Case Type : H1B Extension ( 6 years completed in Sept 2013)

Date Applied : June 5th, 2013

Employment Type: Full Time (EVC Model)

Finally wait is over. My application for extension is approved on 12/02. It took 177 days to approve in regular processing.

Thank you Friends and wish you best of luck. At least last 77 days were very frustrating. Now all is well.  

Receipt Date : Jul 18th, 2013

Hello All,

Did any July applicants get their approval so far ? I need to travel on Jan 29th 2014 and looking at the pace of processing it is going to be a tough situation.

thanks

Case Type: H1B Extension (2nd Extension for 6+ Years)

Date Applied: June 04th, 2013

Current Status: APPROVED - Post Decision Activity

I am signing off this post. Good Luck you all!!!

• 2 weeks later...

An update to this topic.  I read today that ...

USCIS announced on December 23, 2013 that [they] recently began transferring some extension of stay casework from the Vermont Service Center [VSC] to the California Service Center [CSC] to balance workloads. The affected casework includes the following I-129 H-1B extension petition. If your cases were transferred, USCIS will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. If you receive a notice that USCIS transferred your extension petition, please allow 21 days from the date of the transfer notice for the CSC to issue a decision or other notice of action.

Archived