****Tracker H-1 B extension **Vermont Service Center**

jobas2007

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My status is updated to below message , What does that mean.?

On January 23, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Finally my extension Approved after 5 months long wait..

Case Type : H1B Extension 

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Processing Type : Normal Processing

Date Applied:  August 30th 2013

Current Status : Approved on Jan 22nd 2014

Employment Type : Full Time

Best of Luck every one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Myself and my wife have finally received our new H-1B / H-4 visas and attached I-94s from my I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker, H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. (based on my approved I-140 petition from 2011 with my current employer) and my wife's I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Change of status to H or L dependents.  

• My I-129 petition and my wife's I-539 application were filed with the USCIS VSC, with a receipt date of April 29, 2013 (5 months before the expiry date of our previous H-1B / H-4 visas and I-94s).
  • My I1-29 petition was approved on November 7, 2013 (over 6 months).
  • My wife's I-539 application was approved on December 5, 2013 (over 7 months).

There were no RFEs or any other issues with either my I-129 petition or my wife's I-539 application.  (I am a direct, full-time employee and have only worked for my employer since my first H-1B visa, and there are only a few H-1B visa holders in the company.)  I chose to continue with normal processing, even as we approached the expiry of our previous H-1B / H-4 visas and I-94s, and the accompanying issue and hassle with renewing our driver licenses.  I did not want to have my employer pay for premium processing to get the USCIS do their job when my I-129 petition and my wife's I-539 application were filed in a timely manner.

I fully expect that the VSC will be once again be overwhelmed this April with new H-1B visa petitions selected in the lottery and H-1B extension visa petitions, and prioritize processing new H-1B visa petitions for the October 1 start date over H-1B extension visa petitions.

(We had received notification of my wife's H-4 extension visa approval a while ago, but refrained from posting anything because I did not want to 'jinx' the process until we received the actual original documents.)

Archived