Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Yesterday
  2. Hello, My wife is an indian citizen who lives and works in netherlands on a work permit. She is going to attend a H-4 visa interview in india. Does she need to resign before attending the interview? Also, what do we mention if they ask "What will do with your current job"?
  3. I have completed my diploma in engineering and have 14+ years of experience . I am currently working with a client company for employer A . Now got a job offer the client company but employer A is refusing to give me my experience letter .will I need the experience letter from employer A for transferring my H1B to client company? Since I have done only my diploma, my education + work experience was evaluated for education equivalency for filing H1B. since the employer A is not giving my experience letter will the copy of the education +experience evaluation done from university which was used before to file for extension of h1b be used for filing H1B transfer . please help
  4. Hello, I am travelling to India this weekend .. My current H1B extension is valid till Sep 30,2021. I am planning to return on September 1st 2021. I have applied for an H1B extension in premium awaiting for approval which may happen anytime. Below are my questions : 1. Can I exit the country if my H1B is still pending ? 2. Is there any impact to my H1B approval if i am not in USA during the approval process. 3. Can i show my new I797 to the officer at Port of entry so they can update my i-94 to reflect new expiry date? what happens if the officer uses my old i-94 expiry date of Sep 30,2021 .. Do i need to re-apply my H1B? Please advise.
  5. Hello, My last job ended on June 15,2021 and i am currently on H-1B 60-day grace period. I was offered a new job this week and prospective employer initiated H-1B Transfer . Immigration lawyer is filing the petition with the start date as August 9th, 2021. But employer wants to start on August 30th. I am still concerned what status i will be on between August 15th - August30th ? As per my understanding H-1B status will not be active until i join the company . Is it true information that filing a petition is good to go ? Thank you in advance.
  6. Hello, My last job ended on June 15,2021 and i am currently on H-1B 60-day grace period. I was offered a new job this week and prospective employer initiated H-1B Transfer . Immigration lawyer is filing the petition with the start date as August 9th, 2021. But employer wants to start on August 30th. Employer says by that time they will have an update on case status and also the company needs time for IT Setup after the petition is filed. And also immigration lawyer supports saying that as long as it is filed in the grace period it is good to go. I am still concerned what status i will be on between August 15th - August30th ? As per my understanding H-1B status will not be active until i join the company . Is it true information that filing a petition is good to go ? Thank you in advance.
  7. pontevecchio

    H1B General - reactivate my h1b

    You are entitled to 4.8 years in noncap H1 status. You need to find an H1 sponsor to file for you.
  8. Zodiac System

    H1B General - reactivate my h1b

    If you have an employer willing to hire you, this employer will also be able to transfer your H1b.
  9. Hi, I am planning to switch employers but given the current scenario of GC dates moving fast...(my PD : Feb 2015) I dont know if it is a right move to switch employers.I would like to know if I can request my old employer to file for GC..if so ..what are the changes we are talking about here ?
  10. I am an European citizen with an H1B visa and I live and work in the US. I have not been home since before the pandemic and I am soon ready to do anything to see my family. I have heard you can travel through Mexico (stay in Mexico for 14 days) to not violate the travel ban on Europe. Is this an option? And is there a risk that I will not be able to enter the US for any reason? Thank you so much,
  11. Never say never, do not give up when you are so close to your goal. Just ask help from 100% real Balkan products. BPStore supports you to reach your sport aims in the shortest terms. Check out our site!
  12. H1B general

    H1B General - reactivate my h1b

    Sir, I got my H1b petition in usa that is valid from (1st oct 2013 to 17 set 2016). I started my work on 1st april 2014 and finished during 30th july 2015. i have worked only 1 year on that h1b visa. after that i moved to H4 EAD. due to my personal reason i have return to india. Now i want to go back to usa. Can anyone of the employer sponsor back my h1b petition (I129). till I have 4+ yrs remaining in my H1B visa. Please anyone of your thoughts and opinion are welcome
  13. You will not be able to get a GC until you have fulfilled the HRR or gotten a waiver.
  14. Last week
  15. Amruta85

    EB5 Investment Related Question

    Hi, We are planning to invest in the regional centre. At what stage do we get to stay and work in the US permanently? and approximately how much time does it take to reach that stage for an Indian citizen?
  16. Hello Sir/Ma’am, I am on H1B visa and I recently changed employer while my previous employer the H1B extension was in progress. H1B extension and new employer's transfer were approved by USCIS, and additionally H4 extension filed by the new employer were also approved (start date doesn’t have any gap in status). However, recently my previous employer revoked H1B petition as standard process and about 1 month later H4 filed by my previous employer was denied reason : H1B application was revoked hence the H4 applications denied. I do have approved petition from new Employer for both H1 and H4 with no gap in date previous approved petition and new petition Do I need to respond to USCIS letter that indicated “The decision cannot be appealed but can file for Form I-290B Notice of Appeal or motion within 33 days of the denial notice.” Thanks a lot in advance!
  17. Mrinmoy Karmakar

    PREM filing from new company

    I already I-140 approved from my previous employer. Currently my new employer started PERM filing. Now Law firm is asking for all H1/H1 extension filing document (I-129, LCA, Company Support Letter for all previous cases) from my previous employer. Previous employer didn't provide these documents to me. My question are these documents are mandatory ? Does any one faced this kind of issue? If I unable to get all these document will this Impact PERM processing. I have all my approval documents which I already provided
  18. You should ask for help from your US Federal Senator's Office.
  19. Technically, you show Immigration Intent when you file AOS at the appropriate time. I just saw If you want to discuss the matter with the firm of Murthy, give them a call. A forum is no substitute.
  20. bjsingh78

    I-485 RFE - Error in Name and Info

    I received my RFE for the final step for my I-485. The system indicated RFE was sent 6/25 and when I received, both RFEs were in my wife's name, however I am the primary applicant. I have filed a ticket for Typographical error to be correct. Some of my friends were suggesting to still get the medical and other RFE related items addressed and submitted, rather than wait for USCIS to correct the name. Is this a good idea? Should I wait. I am afraid after 12 years of waiting for this moment error in USCIS should not delay my response to the RFE. Please provide your thoughts, much appreciated! Thanks
  21. Hello, My priority date is 20th September 2011 in EB-2 category. When I checked the July & August (2011) visa bulletins for EB-2 category, the cut-off date is showing as "01JUN11" under "A. FINAL ACTION DATES FOR EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCE CASES" section and it is showing as "01DEC11" under "B. DATES FOR FILING OF EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA APPLICATIONS" section. I am confused with these two cut-off dates shown in visa bulletin and below are my questions related. Kindly clarify with the details. Thank you all in advance. 1.What is the difference between the cut-off dates specified in "A" & "B" sections? What does "A" and "B" sections mean? 2.Does the cut-off date specified in "A" section means that the candidates whose priority date is on/before it are eligible to file I-485 application for issuing GC? 3.Does the cut-off date specified in "B" section means that the candidates whose priority date is on/before it are eligible to file I-485 application for issuing EAD? 4.Looking at my priority date (11/20/2011), it will not come under "A" section cut-off date (01JUN11) and I am not eligible for GC yet. However, it comes under the cut-off date (01DEC11) specified in "B" section. I mean, my priority date (11SEP11) is past to the cut-off date (01DEC11) in "B" section. Does it mean that I can go ahead and file the I-485 application for EAD? 5.I have raised a request to my employer for I-485-J (Supplement) document to file the I-485 application thinking that my priority date (11SEP11) is past to the cut-off date (01DEC11) in "B" section. They have rejected my request saying that my priority date is not current in July/August visa bulletin and wait till it gets current. I thought that my employer was referring to "A" section cut-off date and so I am not eligible to file the I-485 application for GC. If the answer is "yes" for my question #4 above, then I should be eligible as per "B" section cut-off date (01DEC11) to file the I-485 application for EAD. Is my understanding correct? 6.Meanwhile I have spoke to an attorney and they have also mentioned that the UCSIS these days will change the usage of cut-off dates every month in "A" or "B" section for I-485 application filing. Also they have told me that the USCIS will release another visa bulletin (in addition to the initial one released) around the current month (last week) specifying which cut-off dates (either "A" or "B" section) to use for I-485 application filing. Is this correct? If the answer is "yes", then I should wait for next visa bulletin release by USCIS on this month end to know whether I am eligible to file the I-485 application (GC/EAD)? 7.My employer had filed GC in EB-3 category first in 2012 and then I have upgraded it to EB-2 category in 2015. I have the I-140 approvals for both EB-2 and EB-3 categories. When I spoke to the attorney, they have mentioned that since I have the EB-3 I-140 approved, I am eligible to file the I-485 application in EB-3 category for GC as my priority date is current in August visa bulletin (i.e. past the EB-3 cut-off date). Is this correct? I thought that, once we upgrade the case from EB-3 to EB-2 category, then the EB-3 approval will get cancelled and it cannot be re-used. Is my understanding correct? Please clarify with details.
  22. Hi, I have international experience of 3 years from an MNC company before coming to the USA in 2016. My GC filed under EB2in 2019. As long as I am in an existing MNC, I am eligible for EB1 (Confirmed already) however the company is not upgrading/porting to EB1. I am requesting them continuously but they are deferring now. I got a very good offer in the market now, If I join a new company, I may not be eligible for EB1 from the new company. What if I join a new company for a year and join back to my original company? Will I still eligible for Eb1 from my previous company upon joining back Regards Pravesh
  23. Hello,My L1 A extension petition is filed and pending for final decision. It got issues an RFE and the RFE is responded last week. I want to travel to outside US. I understand that I will able to re-enter to USA only after the L-1A extension petition is approved and visa is stamped. But Want to know if I travel outside, will that impact the L1 A extension petition decision in anyway? Will USCIS officer consider that the person is not in USA and this last action of the applicant while deciding on the extension approval? Please advise. thanks much for your help on this.
  24. JoeF

    Convert from CP to AOS for parents

    A visitor visa does not allow immigration intent. They clearly have shown immigration intent. If they travel with the visitor visa they risk being denied entry. Besides, there is a travel ban for visitors from India.
  25. pontevecchio

    Options for employment while waiting for EAD.

    That process also takes time and you should be getting your EAD soon. Look up the requirements for renewal and renew at the earliest possible date so that there is no gap next time. Yes, You can have an employer file the papers for the E3 visa and leave and return with the visa assuming that is your main question. But with the issue of COVID and travel difficulties, you may be better off waiting for the EAD.
  26. Zodiac System

    COS to H1B while COS to H4 is pending

    Your current status is - Pending H4. Employer B should be able to file cap exempt H1b COS, while H4 is being processed simultaneously.
  1. Load more activity
×