****Tracker H-1 B extension **Vermont Service Center**

jobas2007

Hi dskumar1 yours petition receipt was received on 11-april-2013, did you get any response?

Hi Gvm,

My petition is still in "Initial Review". I am seeing petitions filed on April 10, 11, 12 and 15 and even some cases in may 1st week are getting approved in Normal processing now. so, still waiting.. As of yesterday, USCIS still processing one or two cases everyday. In my 100 series of petitions, 28 cases ar pending.

All the best to all of us.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ra_1234 and H1B_092012,

Do not completly  relay on Premium Processing results at this point of time. I was on the same boat. I applied for H1B extension on June 4th and after waiting for 70 Days updated the case to Premium. But to my surprise received RFE and God knows how long it takes.I had a family emergency which is forcing me to fly outside USA and hence I upgraded to Premium Processing. But it was waste of time and money. Looks like USCIS wants more time to complete the processing and for not for valid reasons I got the REF. Overall my experience is attempt for H1B Premium Processing in the middle of the normal processing is not worth the money, efforts and time.

Case Type : H1B Extension

Receipt Date: June 04, 2013

Previous Status: Initial Review

Premium Processing Updated Date : Aug 22nd, 2013

Premium Processing clock stopped : August 30, 2013

Current Status: RFE

Employment Type: Full Time

These are my details

Case Type : H1B Extension ( extension beyond 6 yrs)

Center: Vermont Service Center

Received  Date: April 10th 2013

Current Status: Initial Review

So its beyond 3 months .. based on what I say from above posts.

Thanks and shall update when status changes

Omg, Today my status been updated to RFE.  

On October 7, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.

Folks,

I am so much worried about. What are general things they ask about. How many more days will it take now.

Thanks

Approved  !!!!!

Case Type : H1B Extension (Normal processing)

Received  Date: May 02- 2013

Current Status: Approved

Approval date : Sept-30-2013

It took 150 days.

My dependent H4 extension is filed and also approved in same day.Waiting for extended petition paper to receive from employer.

Processing Type : Regular Processing

Receipt Date : April 4th, 2013

Current Status: RFE  on 07-Oct-2013 (Don't know the reason yet)

Employment Type: Direct Vendor to Client

I was planning a trip home in Nov/Dec. Looks like I'll have to cancel it and continue waiting.

@ecotrain I was told by my employer that I need to be in US for 2-3 business days after applying. After that you can stay in India until approval and re-stamping. 

I have a question regarding premium processing. So yesterday I got an update that my request is upgraded to premium processing. This morning I received an update that my case is in acceptance stage. Is that normal? Once you upgrade to premium processing, does the status go back from initial review to acceptance? Also, where can I see the 15 day clock?

@H1B_092012..my original request was filed on 6/5 and premium processing request was sent on Friday 10/5. Yesterday evening I checked on the site and it said 15 calendar day clock started, upgraded to premium. Then today morning I don't see any reference of premium processing. It just says my application was received on 10/8. 

Alright....Frustration to the core....

Date Applied : May 6th, 2013

Current Status: Initial Review

I am fighting hard with my company to convert my case to premium processing as I have to travel Nov Mid to India and this is killing. I am travelling to my hom after 4 years and this happens now. Hope my manager approves my pp and gets filed atleast by mid of next week.

Keeping fingers crossed !!! Will update ya all

Any impact on visa processing because of government shutdown? my (Normal processing) receipt date is 12-june 2013 still waiting for change in status.

First, no, the government shutdown should not have an impact on USCIS processing times as they are still at work.  Second, if you are asking about a H visa being processed at the Vermont Service Center (VSC), i.e. with a "EAC ...." receipt number, they are taking 6+ months.  There are many people with petitions filed in April that are at the "Internal Review" stage.  (I am one of them.)

Some of you in this forum is waiting for H1B extension beyond 6 years. I wanted to share my expereince as how to renew DL extension using H1B receipt.

My 6 years of H1B was expired in June and 7th year extension was filed in June 2013 and waiting for the H1B approval. My DL was expired in August. I reached out to four NJ DMV (Lodi, Kilmer road Edison, Randolph NJ etc) and None of these DMVs are ready even to discuss the DL extesnion based on receipt notice. As soon as they see the Receipt and not the approval notice, they said they cannot give the extension as there was no “until Valid date”. They dont even ready to listen or to discuss the issue.

However at Wayne DMV, its supervisor named George took our paper, created a case in the SAVE system (Alien Verification for Entitlements Program is a web-based service). It took 10 days to get the case resolved (in my case they did two levels of validation). Upon receiving confirmation George (DMV Wayne Supervisor) extended the DL to 240 days from the last visa expiry date.

Note: Do request to create a Case in the SAVE system for the DMV supervisor. If case is created you will get a DL extension when H1B decision is pending.

Link : https://save.uscis.gov/casecheck/

To reinforce what was posted above, after several telephone calls with senior Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), Driver License Division personnel (at the regional level with the contact initiated through my state senator versus at the local DPS center), they confirmed that the SAVE system now recognizes the 240 day period of authorized stay beyond the expiry of the H visa and I-94 card when an extension petition has been filed but not yet approved by USCIS. (I think this maybe in response to the number of people facing this issue this year.)

In fact, I got this information yesterday, and my wife and I went to the Texas DPS center today to submit our documentation for USCIS verification, i.e. case requests in SAVE. (The local DPS center understood the process, so there seems to be some new training.) We should get a letter back in 7-10 days that will allow us to finalize renewal of our driver licenses. (Much better than resorting to paying to change to premium processing just to renew our driver licenses.)

Update:

My wife and I got a "Lawful Presence Verification Pending" letter from the Texas DPS in a few days that states the they could not verify your information online and need to send your documents (copies) to the USCIS for verification. This is normal. It will then take up to 20 days per the letter for the Texas DPS to get the verification back from the USCIS. After which, you will be able to get a driver license renewal for 8 months (240 day period of authorized employment and stay while our H visa extensions are being processed by the USCIS).

I spoke to the Texas DPS yesterday and they got our verification (took 15 days). My wife and I went into the Texas DPS office today and got our renewed driver licenses for the 8 month period with no problem. The $25 fee (which is the regular 6 year renewal fee) is $1200 less than paying for premium processing.

My driver's license expired yesterday and I went to Texas DPS for renewal and requested SAVE. I got verification letter in mail and it verifies my lawful presence, but DPS said they can't extended my license beyond my I-94 expiry date. They said Homeland Security site shows that my lawful presence as the same date as on my I-94. Any suggestions from your side how I can solve my DL issue. Thank you!

My driver's license expired yesterday and I went to Texas DPS for renewal and requested SAVE. I got verification letter in mail and it verifies my lawful presence, but DPS said they can't extended my license beyond my I-94 expiry date. They said Homeland Security site shows that my lawful presence as the same date as on my I-94. Any suggestions from your side how I can solve my DL issue. Thank you!

Texas along with a number of other states that use the (Department of Homeland Security) SAVE system to verify your visa / immigration status will only renew your driver license to the same date as your I-94 card expiry, even if this is only for a few months.  If your H visa and I-94 card has expired along with driver license, and you are waiting on a H visa extension petition approval, then you can get an 8 month driver license renewal for the 240 day period of authorized employment and stay for petition processing.

You need to provide some more details regarding dates, e.g. I-94 card expiration, and your current visa / immigration status to be able to give your specific suggestions.

Texas along with a number of other states that use the (Department of Homeland Security) SAVE system to verify your visa / immigration status will only renew your driver license to the same date as your I-94 card expiry, even if this is only for a few months.  If your H visa and I-94 card has expired along with driver license, and you are waiting on a H visa extension petition approval, then you can get an 8 month driver license renewal for the 240 day period of authorized employment and stay for petition processing.

You need to provide some more details regarding dates, e.g. I-94 card expiration, and your current visa / immigration status to be able to give your specific suggestions.

I went to DPS before my I94 expired. My I-94 expired on 10/10/2013. I am on H1-B(I applied for my extension in June).

I went to DPS before my I94 expired. 

I got verification letter in mail and it verifies my lawful presence, but DPS said they can't extended my license beyond my I-94 expiry date.

This initially happened with my wife's driver license renewal.  We went into the Texas DPS office a week before our H visas and I-94 cards expired, and a couple days later she received a "Lawful Presence Verified" letter, but it turned out to be only applicable for the few days until her I-94 card expiration.  When we followed back up with the Texas DPS and got that explanation, they resubmitted her SAVE system cast request, and we both got our correct "Lawful Presence Verified" letters and were able to renew our driver licenses with no problem.

My I-94 expired on 10/10/2013. I am on H1-B(I applied for my extension in June).

Now that your H-1B visa and I-94 card (and driver license) have expired and you have a H-1B visa extension pending (in process), and you are therefore on the 240 day period of authorized employment and stay, you should go back to the Texas DPS with your documentation (including your current I-797C) and ask again for a SAVE system case request.  You should then be able renew your driver license within a couple weeks.

This initially happened with my wife's driver license renewal.  We went into the Texas DPS office a week before our H visas and I-94 cards expired, and a couple days later she received a "Lawful Presence Verified" letter, but it turned out to be only applicable for the few days until her I-94 card expiration.  When we followed back up with the Texas DPS and got that explanation, they resubmitted her SAVE system cast request, and we both got our correct "Lawful Presence Verified" letters and were able to renew our driver licenses with no problem.

Now that your H-1B visa and I-94 card (and driver license) have expired and you have a H-1B visa extension pending (in process), and you are therefore on the 240 day period of authorized employment and stay, you should go back to the Texas DPS with your documentation (including your current I-797C) and ask again for a SAVE system case request.  You should then be able renew your driver license within a couple weeks.

Thank you for your reply. Will try as you suggested.

USCIS Processing dates for Vermont has been updated:

Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: August 31, 2013

H-1B - Specialty occupation - Visa to be issued abroad: April 17, 2013

H-1B - Specialty occupation - Change of status in the U.S:. April 17, 2013

H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S:. April 10, 2013

That you for posting the USCIS Vermont Service Center (VSC) processing times.  The I-129 H-1B - Specialty occupation - Visa to be issued abroad and H-1B - Specialty occupation - Change of status in the U.S. processing timeframes have finally advanced since the June 30 report -- all of 7 days in August.  The I-129 H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. processing timeframe remains with no, 0, zero, advancement since the June 30 report.  This is an indication that, as rumored, the USCIS VSC has been prioritizing new H-1B petitions (from the April filing to start on October 1) over H-1B visa extension petitions (as they have the 240 day period authorized employment and stay after their current H-1B visa expires) :(.

@H1B_092012..my original request was filed on 6/5 and premium processing request was sent on Friday 10/5. Yesterday evening I checked on the site and it said 15 calendar day clock started, upgraded to premium. Then today morning I don't see any reference of premium processing. It just says my application was received on 10/8. 

did you get any update

Archived