****Tracker H-1 B extension **Vermont Service Center**

jobas2007

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Case Type : H1B Extension (7th year extension)

Receipt number: EAC13174XXXXX

Processing Type : Regular Processing

Center: Vermont Service Center

Receipt Date: June 04, 2013

Current Status: Initial Review

Approval Date : Not yet

Employment Type: Full Time

Based on the USCIS Processing Time Information (USCIS Website), as of 31st May 2013, All I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker visa processing time is only 2 months. However by going through this forum that is not the reality. This is not reflecting the true processing time as I can see some of the cases are pending from since April 2013. So does any one know if the USCIS website is not providing the right information on processing time frame? Or it is just that some individual cases are hold up for more than 2 months? Any of your views are appreciated.

Case Type : H1B Extension

Processing Type : Normal Processing

Date Applied : June 4th, 2013

Approval Date : Not yet

Employment Type: Full Time

Thank you for posting all your status.  Looks like published USCIS processing time for extensions, which appears to be 2 months is not the accurate one. Based on this forum it is taking almost 3-4 months for the approval.  I need to travel outside USA by last week of August and now after waiting for 72 days (2 months 12 days) I am considering to upgrade my case to Premium processing.  Although I hate to see that I need to pay to upgrade the processing.  Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks

Hi,

I believe that USCIS is busy allocating green card numbers which might expire by the end of the month. So lot of H1B applications are pending.

Should even count the fresh applications of 2014 started this april.

I heard that Premium processings in april led to RFE's which would buy some time to USCIS in this busy crunch time

Vanc_Boy,

Thank you for your advice and clarifying that "USCIS website is not providing the correct update".

Based on the timeline which is shared and discussed in this forum, I made a decision to upgrade my case to Premium processing. However your last comment identifies that "Premium processing are leading to RFE's" ? This will be very challenging situation. Also just to understand the process when  H1B processing is progressing with USCIS, we cannot leave the county, is that correct? 

Thanks

Processing Type : Regular Processing

Receipt Date : April 4th, 2013

Employment Type: Direct Vendor to Client

Looks like it is taking atleast 4.5 months to process most of the regular H1B applications.

Vanc_Boy,

Thank you for your advice and clarifying that "USCIS website is not providing the correct update".

Based on the timeline which is shared and discussed in this forum, I made a decision to upgrade my case to Premium processing. However your last comment identifies that "Premium processing are leading to RFE's" ? This will be very challenging situation. Also just to understand the process when  H1B processing is progressing with USCIS, we cannot leave the county, is that correct? 

Thanks

RFE depends case to case. And it's all luck and several other factors. Some other topic here, I saw several Premium processing cases approved within a week.

And I am not sure about second question. I cannot comment on that.

Processing Type : Regular Processing

Receipt Date : April 4th, 2013

Employment Type: Direct Vendor to Client

Looks like it is taking atleast 4.5 months to process most of the regular H1B applications.

Yes, Ecotrain.

The more worrying factor is that, In my series (of 100 petitions), nothing has been adjudicated in the past 20 days. All cases remain in IR.

Not sure if this is the standard procedure. After waiting for 70+ days I updated my processing from Normal to Premium. But to my surprise now my case is demoted by one step back to Acceptance status from the earlier Initial Review.

Processing Type : Updated from Normal to Premium Processing after waiting for 78 days.

Previous Status: Initial Review

Date Updated : Aug 22nd, 2013

Current Status: Acceptance

Not sure if this is the standard procedure. After waiting for 70+ days I updated my processing from Normal to Premium. But to my surprise now my case is demoted by one step back to Acceptance status from the earlier Initial Review.

Processing Type : Updated from Normal to Premium Processing after waiting for 78 days.

Previous Status: Initial Review

Date Updated : Aug 22nd, 2013

Current Status: Acceptance

Hi Kumar, this is a standard procedure and nothing to worry about. Sometimes your case will be in "Acceptance" state itself and convert to "Decision" on or before 15-day PP period. So you are good. All the Best!!!

Archived