****Tracker H-1 B extension **Vermont Service Center**

jobas2007

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not Trust the Premium Processing at this point of time. My case looks like USCIS wants more time to complete the processing and for not for valid reasons I got the RFE. After waiting for 70+ days I updated my processing from Normal to Premium Processing. But to my surprise received RFE and God knows how long it takes. I had an family emergency which is making me to fly outside USA and I upgraded to Premium Processing. But it is waste of time and money. I am working for the same employer in the past and never had an Employer Employee Relationship issue. The moment I upgraded to Premium processing, they are asking for Employer Employee Relationship. There is nothing wrong in asking this information. But what makes curios is, unless like some consulting firms we are not required to prove the Employer Employee Relationship.

Overall my experience is doing attempt for H1B Premium Processing in the middle of the normal processing. It is not worth the money, efforts and time.

Any of you have any suggestions, do let me know. Thank you.

Case Type : H1B Extension

Processing Type : Updated from Normal to Premium Processing after waiting for 78 days.

Center: Vermont Service Center

Receipt Date: June 04, 2013

Previous Status: Initial Review

Premium Processing Updated Date : Aug 22nd, 2013

Premium Processing clock stopped : August 30, 2013

Current Status: RFE

Employment Type: Full Time

Reason for RFE : Employer Employee Relationship.

Sorry for spamming. I pressed 'Post' by mistake in my earlier post.

Receipt Date: 11-Apr-2013

My petition will be hitting 150th day tomorrow. I used to check 100 peitions in my series every now and then. Only 32 out of 100 petitions were adjudicated so far (includes the ones changed to RFE). Most of these petitions (90 out of 100) were filed before April-15th. Here are the Month-wise adjudication statistics:

May-11

June-9

July-7

August-5

Out of these 32 adjudicated petitions, most of them were processed with Premium Processing.

IMHO, Due to high volume, USCIS gives the priority for New H1B petitions and I could see 90 out of each 100 New H1B petitions were adjudicated and hence prcoess only Premium Extensions and even trasnferred H4 processing to Southern AC.

Since most of the New H1Bs are adjudicated, hope USCIS turns attention to Extensions.

Marchwater,

Thank you for the info, but the date April 10th for VSC was as of June 20, 2013. Hopefully the dates have moved forward by now.

I just found that USCIS updated their processing time.  CSC is now at April 16, and VSC at April 10.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

The date of the last USCIS processing times report was June 30.

In recent discussions with my employer's immigration lawyer, he said that the Vermont Service Center April 10, 2013 processing timeframe date regressed after the June 30 report. My lawyer did say he is now seeing some approvals from April visa extension filings.

Thank you Catx.

The processing times on the USCIS website has not been updated yet. And there is no progress for the people (on this thread) yet.

The date of the last USCIS processing times report was June 30.

In recent discussions with my employer's immigration lawyer, he said that the Vermont Service Center April 10, 2013 processing timeframe date regressed after the June 30 report. My lawyer did say he is now seeing some approvals from April visa extension filings.

Processing Type : Regular Processing

Receipt Date : May 3rd, 2013

Current Status: Initial Review

Its been 137 days!!!

Not able to move it to premium due to company policies, VISA expired and project coming to end on Sept 30 :( Frustrating

Not sure why we have such a long delay!!

Question : When can we expect USCIS to update the processing times as the last time they updated was on June 30?

The USCIS has released the processing times as of July 31.

No, zero, 0 movement in the Vermont Processing Center I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. processing timeframe date from June 30.  Further, for these H-1B visa extension petitions you cannot submit a status e-Request if your case was filed after April 10.

Processing Type : Regular Processing

Receipt Date : May 3rd, 2013

Current Status: Initial Review

Its been 137 days!!!

Not able to move it to premium due to company policies, VISA expired and project coming to end on Sept 30 :( Frustrating

Not sure why we have such a long delay!!

Question : When can we expect USCIS to update the processing times as the last time they updated was on June 30?

Same here.  Receipt Date is May 2, 2013.  Still under Initial Review.

I could see the processing time frame updated in Vermont on Sept 17, 2013 It seems there is no single petition is approved thru normal processing for Extension since April 10, 2013.

Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: July 31, 2013

USCIS Processing Time Information for our
Vermont Service Center

Posted: September 17, 2013

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do?serviceCenter=990&displaySCProcTimes=Service%20Center%20Processing%20Dates

I could see the processing time frame updated in Vermont on Sept 17, 2013 It seems there is no single petition is approved thru normal processing for Extension since April 10, 2013.

Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: July 31, 2013

USCIS Processing Time Information for our

Vermont Service Center

Posted: September 17, 2013

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do?serviceCenter=990&displaySCProcTimes=Service%20Center%20Processing%20Dates

Thanks!  Don't know why it takes Vermont so much time.  California already moved to May 24.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Some of you in this forum is waiting for H1B extension beyond 6 years. I wanted to share my expereince as how to renew DL extension using H1B receipt.

My 6 years of H1B was expired in June and 7th year extension was filed in June 2013 and waiting for the H1B approval. My DL was expired in August. I reached out to four NJ DMV (Lodi, Kilmer road Edison, Randolph NJ etc) and  None of these DMVs are ready even to discuss the DL extesnion based on receipt notice. As soon as they see the Receipt and not the approval notice, they said they cannot give the extension as there was no “until Valid date”. They dont even ready to listen or to discuss the issue.

However at Wayne DMV, its supervisor named George took our paper, created a case in the SAVE system (Alien Verification for Entitlements Program is a web-based service). It took 10 days to get the case resolved (in my case they did two levels of validation). Upon receiving confirmation George (DMV Wayne Supervisor) extended the DL to 240 days from the last visa expiry date.

Note: Do request to create a Case in the SAVE system for the DMV supervisor. If case is created you will get a DL extension when H1B decision is pending.

Link : https://save.uscis.gov/casecheck/

However at Wayne DMV, its supervisor named George took our paper, created a case in the SAVE system (Alien Verification for Entitlements Program is a web-based service). It took 10 days to get the case resolved (in my case they did two levels of validation). Upon receiving confirmation George (DMV Wayne Supervisor) extended the DL to 240 days from the last visa expiry date.

Note: Do request to create a Case in the SAVE system for the DMV supervisor. If case is created you will get a DL extension when H1B decision is pending.

To reinforce what was posted above, after several telephone calls with senior Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), Driver License Division personnel (at the regional level with the contact initiated through my state senator versus at the local DPS center), they confirmed that the SAVE system now recognizes the 240 day period of authorized stay beyond the expiry of the H visa and I-94 card when an extension petition has been filed but not yet approved by USCIS.  (I think this maybe in response to the number of people facing this issue this year.)

In fact, I got this information yesterday, and my wife and I went to the Texas DPS center today to submit our documentation for USCIS verification, i.e. case requests in SAVE.  (The local DPS center understood the process, so there seems to be some new training.)  We should get a letter back in 7-10 days that will allow us to finalize renewal of our driver licenses.  (Much better than resorting to paying to change to premium processing just to renew our driver licenses.)

This is new information to me. Thank you for sharing!

Some of you in this forum is waiting for H1B extension beyond 6 years. I wanted to share my expereince as how to renew DL extension using H1B receipt.

My 6 years of H1B was expired in June and 7th year extension was filed in June 2013 and waiting for the H1B approval. My DL was expired in August. I reached out to four NJ DMV (Lodi, Kilmer road Edison, Randolph NJ etc) and  None of these DMVs are ready even to discuss the DL extesnion based on receipt notice. As soon as they see the Receipt and not the approval notice, they said they cannot give the extension as there was no “until Valid date”. They dont even ready to listen or to discuss the issue.

Link : https://save.uscis.gov/casecheck/

Archived