H1B Extension - Regular Processing - California - Sept 2011

priya.lovely

Extention + Transfer

Receipt Date : 15 SEP

Converted to premium on 14 'th DEC

Status changed to Acceptance on 15 'th DEC

Approved on 16 'th DEC.

I thought of waiting couple of weeks but, my employer converted it to premium without letting me know.

This is my first extension and approved only for one year from the date my application was converted to premium.

Also, guys If you can convince your client to put an end date on your client letter (ie., till the end date filed on your I 129 petition) you will most likely get an extension till that date.

From what I noticed, If the client letter says probability of extension, or high chances of contract extension, your case will be approved only for one year. I could have convinced my client to put an end date but, neither my employer informed me nor I came to know about that.

So, don't waste your money/ your employers money by not mentioning an end date on your client letter.

Good luck guys.

Guys those who have applied after Sep 12th, 2011 and received approvals please update your status in this thread..... I noticed that for regular processing last approved date was Dec 9th for receipt date of Sep12th, 2011. I guess applications with receipt date after Sep 12th ,2011 might have received approvals during the last week. I haven't seen anyone posting approvals in last week. I request all the members to update their status immediately after approvals...

Thanks

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Yesterday night around 10pm CST my status showed approved :), It was long wait for me.

Since 3months my status was showing as "your case cannot be found", finally and yesterday the status changed to approved :) at one short from "Case cannot be found" to "Approved".

Post Decision Activity

On December 12, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Applied On: 09-Sep-11

Receipt Date: 12-Sep-11

Service Center: California service center (CSC)

Processing: Regular Processing (RR)

Current Status: Approved in online.

Waiting for hardcopies. CSC is taking only 3 months for processing. All the best for others.

Got extended for one year only, after waiting 3months of pain :(

Applied On: 12-Sep-11

Receipt Date: 15-Sep-11

Processing: Regular Processing

Current Status: Approved

Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On December 19, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On December 19, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Congrats!!! Vidhya

Last night ( 12/19/2011) I recieved an e-mail informing me that my case was approved.

I directly work for my employer ( faculty at a University), and this is my first extension ( recently completed first 3 years of my 6 years, with approved I-140)

Not All the cases are handled by one person. The person who is handling your case may have left on vacation.

GL

Dear Members,

one of our members posted that currently CSC processing Sep 22nd applications. So everyone who applied around these dates should receive updates soon....Below is the link for that post..

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/30562-california-service-center-processing-cases-filed-on-sept-22nd/

Guys please update your status as soon as you see change in status. This will help all our members greatly. Thanks everyone for keeping this thread active and posting your updates.

Thanks again

Dear Members,

My Case:

Started on F1 Visa as a Student in San Diego and got an offer for an unpaid internship. Flew back to germany (homecountry) applied for J1 Visa got approved and started interning on April 4th this year. After working 6 months unpaid my company wanted to see how much knowledge I picked up during this internship and wanted me to take the securities exams 7 and 66. I scored around 90% in both and got a fulltime job offer by my current J1 Company. My "employer/Internsponsor" and my attorny filed my H1B petition for the position of an Investment Adviser/Financial Consultant on September 22nd 2011 to change my status from J1 to H1B. I hold a Bachelors Degree from European Business School in Business Administration/Finance and studied 1 semester in the U.S. I also hold all required liicenses needed for the described job position. As of now I am still waiting on my H1B decision, but my J1 visa will expire December 31st and I will go into the 30 days grace period without any change of status. It is getting really frustrating and I pray every single day to see a little change in the USCIS online system. Thought it would have been a great christmas gift, but nothing haha :D.

So the Facts:

USCIS Received Date = September 22nd, 2011

USCIS Notice Date = September 23rd , 2011

Status = Initial Review

Current waiting time = 97 days

Status of frustration = 98%

Status of Hope = 70% decreasing every day

I have never received a RFE or anything else. I saw those 2 months average waiting times online, but it seems like they include the 15 days premium processing cases within their calculation.

Just wanted to give you guys and overview and update on my case. Maybe it will start an interesting discussion.

Sincerely,

Tim

Archived