H1B Processing California Premium - August

NeoTri

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the extension for 7th year of H-1B. My I-140 is already approved.

I work for company ABC. Recently thru this company I started working for a new client Y as at the previous client X they have been recruiting full time staff and they may terminate my contract any time though the contract is through end of 2012. Incidentally company ABC filed for renewal of my H-1B with USCIS. I got an RFE now:

The USCIS is questioning in the RFE why I moved to new client Y though the contract at client X has not ended.

At client X I had hard time as the manager was always assigning projects to full-time staff and I had to remind him everyday to assign work. Still I worked in this circumstances for about 6 months.

I took the project with client Y as my position at client X could be removed any time.

Please suggest what are the possible ways to answer the RFE. Thank you in advance.

Approved!!!!!! today 08/31

My company applied for OPt to H1 change of status.Initially they applied for regular processing on June 30th and since we didnt hear anything and my OPT was expiring on aug 15th ,my company upgraded to premium processing on aug 11th.( and I was told that I am not authorized to work till i get my h1,I work for not for profit organizatin so no cap gap and i am not eligible for opt extension as i am not stem student)

Till aug 24th There were no updates about my case,not even an update that it was upgraded to pp.

0n Aug 24 my lawyer told me that my app got transferred from nebraska to California

After some digging into the matter ,apparently my lawyer filed at wrong place.SO he refiled it on wed aug 24th at csc and I wasnt expecting it this week,but it got approved in a week

Archived