All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. @kmun40 @Visadui did you got any updates on your stamping process?
  4. You need a visa stamp and/or you need to work for the initial sponsor before you can get a "transfer"
  5. Last week
  6. I have applied H4-EAD application in Jan24 and its still pending. Will it create issues if same H4 is traveling out of USA while H4-EAD application is in progress. Will it impact or receive any RFE for this case.
  7. I am currently working for Employer A on F-1 OPT and I recently got picked in H1-B lottery. Employer A is in the process of filing my petition but I recieved an amazing job offer from employer B. Can I switch jobs now and transfer my H1-B picking to Employer B?
  8. Are you out of the country for more than one year? To get into a H1b lottery, the candidate has to be outside of US for one whole complete year. There are many nuances in your case. Better to consult an immigration attorney. Good Luck.
  9. Hi, I have question regarding the H1B transfer. I have a petition approved from the lottery selection employer (employer A). But now, I have a very good offer from another employer B. I haven’t started job with Employer A. I am in India now with some other employer C. 1. Can I ask for H1B transfer with Employer B? 2. Can Employer A revoke my H1B or can harm anything? 3. Will I need paystubs in case of transfer? thank you!
  10. Hi, I got married in the month of November-2023 according to Hindu law and have the Hindu marriage certificate(basically the marriage registration was done in November.) During the marriage registration in India, I was asked and got convinced by girls' parents for marriage registration so early. Based on my h1b details she obtained h4 visa. Soon after our official marriage in December-2023, the girl started demanding for money, manhandling me, she praised her previous boyfriend and started instigating me on the third day after our marriage. I didn't like her behavior and restrained myself from having any physical relation. I was hesitant to answer her as she too demanding for money/gold. With depression, I flew back to the US after dropping her a text on the phone. Later on, my parents went to their home and discussed her misbehavior and other things that her family had done to me such as ill-treating me, demanding money before and after marriage etc., they hardly responded for any. A few weeks back, she again called me and demanded me to return her engagement ring. Soon after I asked the girl's father to go to my home and resolve issues. He was very stubborn to do it. Last month girl filed a complaint against me in police station(PS). I don't know exactly about the complaint. The police asked my parents to visit PS and discuss, initally the police suggested to get separated and now even he started threatening my parents maybe this is due to political and bribe influence. Now, they are thinking of sending her to the US, and over here in the US she has got relatives and sisters family. However, I would like to learn more about the divorce application process in the US, particularly in Texas as I am a Texas resident on an H1B visa. Would I be facing any US summons based on the complaint she filed in India.? Also, I want to get the restrain order so that I can peacefully start my divorce application. Kindly can you advise me in this regard including the pros and cons of applying for divorce in Texas-USA.? Also now their parents are thinking of sending her to the US, and I don't feel safe with her anymore. Would you be helping me out to get any restraining orders.? while the divorce process gets initiated from the state of Texas.?
  11. I got RFE after 4 months . My sponsored company has not received the RFE details and then online status showing as below Cancellation Notice for Request for Additional Evidence., What does it mean? It is positive or anything. pls let me know
  12. I am on H1b cap exempt since 2022. I am picked into H1b lottery this year(2024).My question is whether my current h1b (cap exempt) used time will be counted towards 6 years limit of h1b or whether I will get another 6 years on h1b cap (lottery)?
  13. My H1B 7th year extension has been approved with status as “Consular Notification” hence I have to travel outside US for mandatory stamping process. I have a DUI on Dec 26,2023 and court hearing is still pending and my attorney told my DUI is still under review (Case not filled in court yet). I went for Dropbox on April 18, 2024 and got 221g white slip to come for inperson interview (submitted all court related documents including final disposition). But I didn’t have court documents as case is pending and I travelled outside US while case is pending only because of mantatory stamping required to get my i797 active and my stay in US is considered as illegal without this visa stamp. Could you please advise on facing 221g with pending DUI?
  14. Correct. Your H1B was approved for consular processing. Once you leave the U.S, get the H1B visa, and reenter the U.S., you will be admitted in H1B status upon reentry.
  15. If you received an H1B petition approval, they need to apply for separate H4 visas. Consulates often group family applications together for convenience and efficiency.
  16. You need to talk to a family / divorce attorney since this is not an immigration law question.
  17. Apart from waiting patiently, for approval, I dont think you can do anything to expedite it.
  18. Hi - Here is my case Applied for GC for my father. I am a US Citizen. I130 approved I 1485 applied on 5/31/2022. Still waiting I 194 - Visa expired on July 2023 My dad wants to go back without greencard Can he file I-140 and abadon his greencard . Go to India and reapply for US Visa ?
  19. Hi, I'm going to file H4 for my daughter. However there is already an existing H4 application with USCIS. (The reason Im doing this is, my daughter is dependent on me till now, but now she needs to go dependent on spouse's visa) Now my question is, where can I provide information about pending h4, on the new application? I couldnt find any information related to that in the instructions pdf or online. I dont want to be hiding any info even though it seems that isn't necessary? THanks in advance.
  20. No, you can not do that. On H1 you can ONLY work for your employer, you can not be self-employed nor work for anybody else.
  21. You can enter just fine with the valid visa and the new approval notice.
  22. The I-551 stamp has the same value as the actual card. The GC is also called I-551. As long as the I-551 stamp is valid she can enter just fine with that. No problems.
  23. Hello, Today I got email notification of h1 approval and not H4 /EAD. Please advise If anything I can do to expedite it. Thanks, Venkat
  24. If Labor Certification aka PERM has been approved, the next step would be filing an I-140 for which you do not necessarily have to be present in the USA.
  25. Yes. You can use the existing visa and the latest H1 Petition approval to return.
  26. Compelling circumstances EAD: This is fixed 1 year EAD without any renewal option. Also Applicant cannot change the status back to H1B or any other visa within USA . Need to get stamping and I-94 by leaving the country . ( includes even if you have I-485 becomes current .. need consular processing at overseas consulate ) But it provides some relief for folks who have to wrap everything up. Every case is different and don’t compare with other folks. Check with attorney and apply, don’t try to apply directly as you might miss some supporting evidences . Good Luck.
  27. You should have her contact the firm and take it further.
  1. Load more activity