J1 Hardship Waiver - DOS Post Input

rags1979

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

612now, one more question:

So the DOS updated the two items at the same time: received your form and sent the recommendation, even they dated different, but DOS updated both items on the same day?

Thank you!

Ps, my case is pending currently and didn't show anything about I612/613 or the recommendation.

No problem. Glad to help. 

Answering your other question; Yes, They updated both at the same time. Everything showed pending until the favorable recommendation. 

It's hard to wait but there's really not much you can do with the DOS. 

612now! Congratulations!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your case here!

By the way, do you mind sharing your entire timeline for your case from both USCIS and dos? Thanks!

Buggy, 

I filed last year in June, then send RFE documents in October, Documents were sent to DOS on May 2016, and you know the rest. 

My program is a government fund one. 

Hope that clears your doubts. 

my case on USCIS was updated to 'case was approved',

however, on the DOS, the case is pending,

is this mean that DOS sent the favorable recommendation to USCIS without updating my case online?

any body has an idea??

@ asd3, did you find out if it was really an approval from USCIS? was your J-1 government funding?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a "favorable recommendation" from DOS this morning. I think the next step for me is to wait the final approval from USCIS and the hard copy in the mail to start my GC process. My timeline so far is as following, hope it can help some other people just like you guys helped me:

Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date

Recommendation Sent July 18, 2016

Change of Address Received June 16, 2016

Form I-612 Received May 20, 2016

Form I-613 Received May 20, 2016

Fee Received November 18, 2015

Form DS-3035 Received November 18, 2015

Form DS-2019 Received November 18, 2015

Passport Data Page Received November 18, 2015

Form G-28 Received November 18, 2015

Statement Of Reason Received November 18, 2015

Other Received

I will come back and update once I receive the final approval from USCIS!

Good luck to all of us!

I just got a "favorable recommendation" from DOS this morning. I think the next step for me is to wait the final approval from USCIS and the hard copy in the mail to start my GC process. My timeline so far is as following, hope it can help some other people just like you guys helped me:

Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date

Recommendation Sent July 18, 2016

Change of Address Received June 16, 2016

Form I-612 Received May 20, 2016

Form I-613 Received May 20, 2016

Fee Received November 18, 2015

Form DS-3035 Received November 18, 2015

Form DS-2019 Received November 18, 2015

Passport Data Page Received November 18, 2015

Form G-28 Received November 18, 2015

Statement Of Reason Received November 18, 2015

Other Received

I will come back and update once I receive the final approval from USCIS!

Good luck to all of us!

Congrats, Buggy. Your nightmares are over at this level. Welcome to the stress at the next level. The good news is the waiver was the hardest roadblock to cross. I a sure you will get the final notice very shortly. Mine was in a week. 

Hi Budo!!

So glad to see you are still here!!!

I really hope I can get the USCIS final approval notice as soon as possible.

I heard people say that J1 waiver based on hardship normally hear back from USCIS pretty quick because USCIS has all our documents on file already and they have found hardship in our case that's why they forwarded the I612/I613 to DOS, is that correct? So the chance USCIS approves my case should be pretty high?

So so glad to see you here!!

Hope everything goes well on your side! Are you applying a green card now or a working visa if you don't mind to share? Best luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congrats, Buggy. Your nightmares are over at this level. Welcome to the stress at the next level. The good news is the waiver was the hardest roadblock to cross. I a sure you will get the final notice very shortly. Mine was in a week. 

Hi Budo,

I got my DOS favorable recommendation in May 20, 2016 and I still do not have the final approval from USCIS. How long did it take until you got the USCIS final approval? I'm getting frustrated. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife's I-612 based on no objection was received on July 26, 2016. Today is Sep 13 (49 days) and we're still waiting. Her H1B is approved, however.  

We didn't put down her Alien Registration Number on the filing with DOS as it wasn't avaialbe to us at the time. I wonder if this could be a cause of extra long wait. Also, in reading USCIS's adjusticator manual (45.5     Waiver Based on a “No Objection” Letter) my understanding is that USCIS will always follow DOS recommendation unless you came here for medical training. 

• 1 month later...

Archived