J1 Hardship Waiver - DOS Post Input

rags1979

Hello Rags, 

thank you for sharing such valuable info. I filed on two grounds: a "No objection" case that was denied many years ago and a "Hardship case" that was still pending when I checked it a week ago. Both the old case and the new one were assigned the same number starting with 8262. I was continuously able to access both cases online, but since Friday of last week, I have only had access to the old "No Objection" case. When I open that page, I can see the link to the hardship case, but it does not open when I click on it. Can you help in any way?   I already sent DOS an email. I am waiting for their response. DOS received my hardship file on April 15, 2015. I am still going through the torture that began back then. I would appreciate any support. 

There was a system glitch on DOS side.  It is back fully up now. Check now and tell me what you see.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I received the 'Favorable Recommendation' status when I checked the site. I checked @ 1:30AM EST (no change) and @ 4:55AM EST (status updated). So what I read in another forum about the site being updated @ or around 2AM EST, seems to hold true.

Yesterday, I emailed our attorney to put in an inquiry IF it would not have a negative impact on our application and they said they would. I don't actually know if they did or not since I emailed them towards the end of the business day and have not received a response from them until now. I CAN say that the last 2 times I have asked our attorney to inquire, the status site showed some movement on our case.

That being said, I do not know the logic behind timelines. I guess it all depends on the number and type(s) of 'hardship(s)' that are presented as particulars in your case that is being reviewed.

I wish everyone the best of luck and the only advice I can give is:

1. Be patient

2. Make sure you have a good attorney

3. Be patient

FYI, my timeline is exactly the same as rags1979... and I mean exact with the exception that I did not have the Statement of Reason and Passport Data Page line items.

@rags1979,

Thanks for you support,i have sent an express mail to the uscis ( california service center)  through a courier ,requesting for an expedited action for my 612/613 to be resent to the DOS.I attached copies of email from DOS which indicated they didn't receive it and also letters from uscis.

I'm also setting up an infopass interview schedule.

There was a system glitch on DOS side.  It is back fully up now. Check now and tell me what you see.

I just checked. I am still experiencing the same problem. When I use my case number, I can access the "No objection case" that was denied a long time ago, but not the Hardship case that filed a year ago.. I used to be able to access both with the same number. 

Today I received the 'Favorable Recommendation' status when I checked the site. I checked @ 1:30AM EST (no change) and @ 4:55AM EST (status updated). So what I read in another forum about the site being updated @ or around 2AM EST, seems to hold true.

Yesterday, I emailed our attorney to put in an inquiry IF it would not have a negative impact on our application and they said they would. I don't actually know if they did or not since I emailed them towards the end of the business day and have not received a response from them until now. I CAN say that the last 2 times I have asked our attorney to inquire, the status site showed some movement on our case.

That being said, I do not know the logic behind timelines. I guess it all depends on the number and type(s) of 'hardship(s)' that are presented as particulars in your case that is being reviewed.

I wish everyone the best of luck and the only advice I can give is:

1. Be patient

2. Make sure you have a good attorney

3. Be patient

FYI, my timeline is exactly the same as rags1979... and I mean exact with the exception that I did not have the Statement of Reason and Passport Data Page line items.

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you and what a big relief for your your family. I do have some questions for you?

Did your attorney put an inquiry? What negative impact can it have if the attorney put? 

What sponsor did you have and what is your country of origin?

Thank you in advance.

I just checked. I am still experiencing the same problem. When I use my case number, I can access the "No objection case" that was denied a long time ago, but not the Hardship case that filed a year ago.. I used to be able to access both with the same number. 

Did you write to DOS about it?  If not write to them and what was their response.

Did you write to DOS about it?  If not write to them and what was their response.

I wrote to them Sunday. I am still waiting. This situation was already horrible enough without the lack of access to my case status. Now you can imagine how I feel!

Folks my case with DOS has been approved!!!! finally.  I still need to get the final USCIS approval.  Any thoughts on how long that can take?

rags1979, congratulations. please don't leave this forum until we get ours ;) !!! Hope everyone will get good news soon like you guys!!!! What country are you from?

Folks my case with DOS has been approved!!!! finally.  I still need to get the final USCIS approval.  Any thoughts on how long that can take?

rags, congratulations!! Wish the rest of us good luck with this schizophrenic system.  USCIS does not normally take long to act once they get a favorable recommendation. I know of several cases that took less than a month. I think you are safe with your two months. Good luck with the remaining mile.

rags, congratulations!! Wish the rest of us good luck with this schizophrenic system.  USCIS does not normally take long to act once they get a favorable recommendation. I know of several cases that took less than a month. I think you are safe with your two months. Good luck with the remaining mile.

Thanks bud.  I wish there was a more responsible and time sensitive way DOS behaves.  They dont seem to realize how they are changing lives by their actions.  They simply need to look at DS2019 form to see when it expires and when they need to take action so that everyone can file for another visa status in a timely manner.  It is not rocket science or brain surgery.  While i understand some cases more thorough evaluation, hardship cases need to prioritized based on the severity of hardship.  And i dont believe there is a system in place for that.  It is unfortunate.  I wish everyone good luck, we need it when we work with DOS!  I will stick around if anyone needs my help... adios folks.

@rags1979

Please keep us posted when you get the approval from USCIS.

. It took 18 days for 612/613 to reach from USCIS to DOS. It is an electronic communication. I am expecting a similar timeline for the same communication to reach USCIS from DOS. Hopefully by next month I should receive USCIS approval. I will keep y'all posted!

Congrats @rags1979,thinks it takes between 2-4 weeks for uscis to finally approve it.

Please how exactly were you able to engage the uscis/dos on your 612/613?

Congrats @rags1979,thinks it takes between 2-4 weeks for uscis to finally approve it.

Please how exactly were you able to engage the uscis/dos on your 612/613?

I raised an SR with level 2 officer at USCIS after estimated 4 month timeline with california service center.  And then they sent the 612/613.  But it took 3 weeks for DOS to receive it.  I emailed DOS if they received it from day 1 of USICS communication, oddly, they did not receive it.  It is electronic and you would except instant communication.  This is 2016, which electronic communication takes 3 weeks!  But it did.  I persisted, took an infopass to force USCIS to send it again because DOS was not receiving it.  But infopass did not work because i already raised SR with level 2 officer.  I had to wait 30 DAYS to raise another one.  But fortunately for me in 3 weeks it reach DOS.  I am expecting similar delays for USCIS to receive the same recommendation from DOS.  Hope this plan of action helps everyone.

I raised an SR with level 2 officer at USCIS after estimated 4 month timeline with california service center.  And then they sent the 612/613.  But it took 3 weeks for DOS to receive it.  I emailed DOS if they received it from day 1 of USICS communication, oddly, they did not receive it.  It is electronic and you would except instant communication.  This is 2016, which electronic communication takes 3 weeks!  But it did.  I persisted, took an infopass to force USCIS to send it again because DOS was not receiving it.  But infopass did not work because i already raised SR with level 2 officer.  I had to wait 30 DAYS to raise another one.  But fortunately for me in 3 weeks it reach DOS.  I am expecting similar delays for USCIS to receive the same recommendation from DOS.  Hope this plan of action helps everyone.

What does "raised SR with level 2 officer" mean? 

I was wondering if you have heard of any recent approved cases with DoS receipts of forms after 20th of March 2016?

I raised an SR with level 2 officer at USCIS after estimated 4 month timeline with california service center. And then they sent the 612/613. But it took 3 weeks for DOS to receive it. I emailed DOS if they received it from day 1 of USICS communication, oddly, they did not receive it. It is electronic and you would except instant communication. This is 2016, which electronic communication takes 3 weeks! But it did. I persisted, took an infopass to force USCIS to send it again because DOS was not receiving it. But infopass did not work because i already raised SR with level 2 officer. I had to wait 30 DAYS to raise another one. But fortunately for me in 3 weeks it reach DOS. I am expecting similar delays for USCIS to receive the same recommendation from DOS. Hope this plan of action helps everyone.

I got the final USCIS approval. Good luck to every body.

Archived