J1 Hardship Waiver - DOS Post Input

rags1979

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does "raised SR with level 2 officer" mean?

I was wondering if you have heard of any recent approved cases with DoS receipts of forms after 20th of March 2016?

SR means service request. Level 2.officer is a customer service officer who knows more about ur case than level 1 officer. Call general customer service at USCIS and ask for level 2 officer. I have not seen a case approved with dos where forms are received after March 20

hi guys,

I applied for hardship waiver based on USC child health condition and unfavorable home country conditions in dec 2015. USCIS sent the case to DOS april 11th 2016. I am a physician. 

When should I expect recommendation from DoS given the above info?

Also has any doc case from November/December 2015 received recommendation from DOS in March or during current month yet? If yes then how long did it take for DoS rec to come after documents were sent from USCIS?

I wrote to them Sunday. I am still waiting. This situation was already horrible enough without the lack of access to my case status. Now you can imagine how I feel!

budo, I still have a technical problem on the DoS online status check, I cannot see my other old cases and no updates on my current case. I was wondering if you have heard back from the DoS regarding this technical issue on their website? If yes, what did they write? Thanks in advance

budo, I still have a technical problem on the DoS online status check, I cannot see my other old cases and no updates on my current case. I was wondering if you have heard back from the DoS regarding this technical issue on their website? If yes, what did they write? Thanks in advance

Hello Zoroj, unfortunately I am still waiting. No response from DOS. The automated system said I should expect a reply between 3 to 5 days. It has been almost two weeks since I sent DOS an email. I sent them another email yesterday. Hopefully, I will get an response this time. If I do, I will let you know.

I have the same problem as well (multiple tabs not working). DoS said that they are working on it. If you haven't get an answer I would encourage you to send another email. It is frustrating because the website is the only way to check the status of your case. The more people that complain, the faster it will be solved.

hi guys,

I applied for hardship waiver based on USC child health condition and unfavorable home country conditions in dec 2015. USCIS sent the case to DOS april 11th 2016. I am a physician. 

When should I expect recommendation from DoS given the above info?

Also has any doc case from November/December 2015 received recommendation from DOS in March or during current month yet? If yes then how long did it take for DoS rec to come after documents were sent from USCIS?

Many factors come into play. For example, if you received government funding, like I did, the process may be considerably delayed. DOS received my application on April 15, 2015. They received form I-612 and I-613 from USCIS on August 10, 2015, but they did not request my sponsor's views until January 19, 2016. From that date, my case status did not change from "pending."  That being said, every case is different in some ways, so treatment time varies. Nobody can tell you for sure how long your case will be "pending". It is frustrating, but that is the truth. 

I have the same problem as well (multiple tabs not working). DoS said that they are working on it. If you haven't get an answer I would encourage you to send another email. It is frustrating because the website is the only way to check the status of your case. The more people that complain, the faster it will be solved.

I sent two emails regarding this issue and I have not heard back from them yet.

Many factors come into play. For example, if you received government funding, like I did, the process may be considerably delayed. DOS received my application on April 15, 2015. They received form I-612 and I-613 from USCIS on August 10, 2015, but they did not request my sponsor's views until January 19, 2016. From that date, my case status did not change from "pending."  That being said, every case is different in some ways, so treatment time varies. Nobody can tell you for sure how long your case will be "pending". It is frustrating, but that is the truth. 

Dude, I feel for you man.  That is a long wait.  This is terrible.  Do you have time on your J1 left?  I wish there was a better way this all worked but there isnt.  Are you a physician?  Can you tell me more about your case? Good Luck to you man.

Dude, I feel for you man.  That is a long wait.  This is terrible.  Do you have time on your J1 left?  I wish there was a better way this all worked but there isnt.  Are you a physician?  Can you tell me more about your case? Good Luck to you man.

No, I am not a physician. I am a teacher. Fortunately, I still have time on the J 1. I anticipated the delay in processing, so I filed early. I have three US citizen dependents.  

No, I am not a physician. I am a teacher. Fortunately, I still have time on the J 1. I anticipated the delay in processing, so I filed early. I have three US citizen dependents.  

Is the hardship based on anticipated mere separation or is it that anyone of your family members have medical issues?

I am new to this forum,

I have few questions please.

I applied for a hardship in 10/2015, my case got forwarded to DOS in 3/2016 and they already received I612 and I613 in the end of march as well. On 4/15/16 there was an update saying Letter of Need received on 4/15/2016. Any one knows what that means and how long might it still take to get it approved? I do NOT have any post saying "post input" yet. 

I am not sure also what is the letter of need they requested. Any ideas? 

Thank you in advance

Is the hardship based on anticipated mere separation or is it that anyone of your family members have medical issues?

No the case is based on medical conditions of two of my dependents (both conditions are well documented) and on home country conditions. I actually have a very strong case. I know DOS would jeopardize the security of my family if they denied my application. I do not even want to think about that possibility because there is no way in world I would put my family in harms way simply because I am a law-abiding person. My family's security and welfare are my priority. I hope those would be DOS' priority too.  

No the case is based on medical conditions of two of my dependents (both conditions are well documented) and on home country conditions. I actually have a very strong case. I know DOS would jeopardize the security of my family if they denied my application. I do not even want to think about that possibility because there is no way in world I would put my family in harms way simply because I am a law-abiding person. My family's security and welfare are my priority. I hope those would be DOS' priority too.  

budo, I am sure the DoS will support you given the health condition of your children and instability in your home country. Hope you will hear from DoS soon.. 

I am still having trouble with the online system. My visa expires next month and I don't know what is going with my case. I cannot see any changes in DoS actions. My funding is neither home nor US government, and I don't know why it is taking so long for DoS to make decisions. My case is based on medical condition of my child and poor health care service in my home country. I don't know what is process of getting opinion from the DoS Medical Division and how long it takes. Any thoughts?

I became subject to 212 based on the skill list. I did not know about this list otherwise I would not be. 

BTW, I am also a teacher. 

Yes Bud. DOS will approve your case for sure.  Are you a physician?  How much time left on your J1?

rags 1979, you always ask if applicants are physicians or not. Do you think it matters or make things faster if you are a physician vs other? Thanks

Not really.  It does not matter.  Only your case details do.  DOS scores based on how many individuals in the family are effected, how severely affected.  DOS has review committees for medical issues to citizens.  However for country conditions, they need to reach out to other agencies and/or consulates in those countries to verify the claimed hardship.  That takes time.  Till they receive the response from foreign sources they will not review the response and take action and approve. However, if it is medical hardship only, that takes lesser time because the review is done at DOS.  Based on the number of individuals (US citizens and GC holders) affected, they will give priority to the case, atleast that is what i have noticed in many cases.  I cant say all cases, but many cases i have seen. Good luck.

Yes Bud. DOS will approve your case for sure.  Are you a physician?  How much time left on your J1?

No, I am not a physician. I am a teacher. I still have a year on my J1, but if the waiver does not materialize soon enough, I may run out of time for the adjustment of status, which also takes time. Thank you for your optimism. I truly hope DOS thinks like you do. 

Not really.  It does not matter.  Only your case details do.  DOS scores based on how many individuals in the family are effected, how severely affected.  DOS has review committees for medical issues to citizens.  However for country conditions, they need to reach out to other agencies and/or consulates in those countries to verify the claimed hardship.  That takes time.  Till they receive the response from foreign sources they will not review the response and take action and approve. However, if it is medical hardship only, that takes lesser time because the review is done at DOS.  Based on the number of individuals (US citizens and GC holders) affected, they will give priority to the case, atleast that is what i have noticed in many cases.  I cant say all cases, but many cases i have seen. Good luck.

rags1979, as for the country conditions, does DoS rely on the country reports issued by the department based on the country reports prepared by their employees or can be found on the U.S. embassies in that countries? I wonder if the DoS needs to get more information on the country's condition from the consulates/agencies while there are country reports on its website, and also a lawyer's brief supported by the materials/reports/news? 

Archived