B1/B2 Visa

Visatousa

I have B1/B2 Visa issued through company 'A' with multiple (M) entry for 10 years, trip was cancelled for some reason and haven't travelled, I am no longer working with that company now

Visa states Type as B1/B2 and Annotation is blank and nothing was mentioned beneath the Annotation header

My question follows

Can I use the same Visa sponsored by company 'A' to travel with company 'B'?

Also, Can I use the same Visa to travel on pleasure trip

Amongst the aforementioned options, which would be more easy for my travel in this case?

Note:

I been to USA before and was there for 3.6 years, have travelled on L1B multiple times and changed my status from L1B to F1 to do MBA. Returned to home country after course completion on F1, during the stay have maintained my status. (L1B is expired now)

Can I visit country again on B1/B2 visa for personal pleasure to meet my friends?

please suggest necessary documentation to carry and what should be the appropriate answer to the immigration officer to Justify my travel

Thanks! for response..

Address should be of hotel or friend? which one would be better to give justification to IO?

And what should be the reason?

I am just going on a visit to meet my friends, I am not sure I can say this simple reason to IO

Please suggest. Thanks!

Thank you!!

I am planning for a 2 weeks vacation to meet friends and sight seeing.

Do I need to have hotel bookings, sight seeing tickets and friends address where I am staying during 2 week stay?

I don't want to run into problems, this is my first trip on B1. So, making sure everything is fine from my side.

Please suggest if any additional information?

Thank you!!

Which Port of entry is better to travel for B1/B2 on personal trip?

I chose NYC as it is travel destination and I can quote some sight seeing places in NYC and Niagara, planning to take hotel in NYC for first couple of days and then planning for Niagara. If I am providing my friends address, they are staying in MD, NJ and PA. Can I still provide their address or just a hotel address is fine?

Please suggest! Appreciate your response

What is "CLEARANCE RECIEVED DATE \" on B1/B2 VISA?

I saw someone's VISA do have the CLEARANCE date information which is prior date to ISSUE DATE where as mine doesn't have, what does this mean?

Did anybody have this information on B1/B2 VISA page?

Please provide inputs, Appreciate response. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am in US on H1B, my in-laws are retired and planning for B2 visa to visit us. They have enough funds for self-sponsoring. But someone told us that they will get I94 only for 2 months at POE if they sponsor themselves and I94 will get for 6 months if I will sponsor them. Please suggest which is the better option....?

Thanks...

Hi I am in US on H1B, my in-laws are retired and planning for B2 visa to visit us. They have enough funds for self-sponsoring. But someone told us that they will get I94 only for 2 months at POE if they sponsor themselves and I94 will get for 6 months if I will sponsor them. Please suggest which is the better option....?

Thanks...

This is the biggest rumor I have heard. Ask that person to provide proof for their statement. 

Archived