H1-B Visa stamping(old I-94 got expired and visa stamping got expired but have valid I-797 B form)

madhus369

Hello All,

I need advice for current situation.Firstly My I-94 got expired in 21 st feb 2013 with company A and even my visa stamping got expired on 21st feb 2013 company A. before this i have moved to company B and applied for H1-B which approved upto 12/31/2013 but i got I-797B form.Since I'm donno have I-94 attached to it.SO right what would be current status and As far as I need to go stamping to my home country india or can I go for canada...

Please any kind of advice is helpfully..

oh oh...you have a serious issue here....you are accuring illegal stay!!!!!...leave the country immediately! also before catching the flight contact a very good attorney to resolve your problem here before taking off.

dont tell me you have been working since Feb with that company...thats another big issue!!! you need to read what is mentioned on I797B.

your attorney might be able to file nun pro tunc..call them today.

oh oh...you have a serious issue here....you are accuring illegal stay!!!!!...leave the country immediately! also before catching the flight contact a very good attorney to resolve your problem here before taking off.

dont tell me you have been working since Feb with that company...thats another big issue!!! you need to read what is mentioned on I797B.

your attorney might be able to file nun pro tunc..call them today.

Even I have valid I-797B untill 12/31/2013 still i will be out of status??? And I have called my employer regarding this and requested to check whether I got I-797A form or not??

My doubt here is:: Whether we will get only I-797B form or we will get all i-797 forms like A,B,C...If i have received I-797A form then it will have valid I-94 right...Please correct me if my understanding is wrong

My H1B Visa has expired since 2008. Since then I have changed multiple employers. My previous employer has filed my GC and I have an approved I-140. But I have changed my employer based on approved I-140. I got H1B extension till 2016. My old employer is not going to cancel my I-140 and my new employer is in the process of applying for a new one. All my paper works are clean and I was never out of status. I have not gone back since I came to US. I have completed 7 years.

Now I want to go to Canada for stamping. I have a US post-baccalureate Degree with specialization in IS. Currently I am a full time employee and not working for a consulting firm.

Can someone please let me know if there is anything I need to worry about or I am good to go?

A quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived