Can dependent travel on previous employer H4 visa?

p.sinha

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Today my wife traveled to US with previous company H4 Visa while my H1 transfer to new company is still in progress.. Absolutely no questions/documents were asked at the POE. (Location: Seattle,WA). But she was carrying below documents with her on safe side.

1. Approved 797 from previous company

2. H1 Transfer Receipt copy from new company

3. Last 3 months Payslips

4. Marriage Certificate etc

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

My Spouse has valid visa (H4) stamped. i have changed my Employer, but i have i797 only on my name, my employer dint apply for my dependents and my previous employer have already revoked my previous I797.

Can my spouse travel to USA with following ??

1. Stamped VISA ( H4) - prev employer's

2. My Current I797 copy 

Does she need to go for re stamping or she can travel with the above documents. Please help with inputs . Thanks!!!

• 9 months later...

Hi Sir/Madam,

This is Sreenivas. I have some questions regarding H4 travel and H1 Travel.

My wife travelled to India. Now i am changing from company A to another company B. My wife already travelled to India in January 2018. Now  company B applied the H1 transfer. Once i got the approval I-797, my wife can travel with existing VISA (Company A) Valid upto Sep 2018?

Second one, I am planning to travel to India in May with company B I-797 approval notice. Can i come back to US with my old VISA (Company A) which will expire in Sep 2018 and company B I-797 approval notice and relevant docs provided by Company B.

Can you please clarify on these. Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am in US and my family is in India. I changed my employer recently and got my new I-797 approval notice. Based on above discussions, I understand that my family can travel to US based on their valid H4 visa (from my old employer) and my current approved notice I797 copy. In this case what will be their (dependents) I94 date. Will it be based on old valid H4 visa expiry date or based on my current I797 end date?

Thanks,

Navaneeth

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I also have the quite similar case.

I am in USA and working with company X and Company Y filed H1-B Transfer(status is Case Received), and I will Join Company Y after approval and my wife is willing to travel first time on existing H4.

Now, lets say Company Y's Case is Approved after couple of days.

Case 1: I have neither resigned from Company X nor Joined Company Y, but petition is approved for Company Y.

Question 1 : As per Case 1, can she travel on Existing H4 Visa (Please note this is her first travel to USA)? And will Join Company Y after she     

joins me in USA.

Question 2: Does she still need the approval copy from Company Y along with existing H4 valid visa?

Case 2: I Joined Company Y and Company X revoked H1-B before she travels to USA.

Question 3:  As per Case 2, can she travel on existing H4 with new Approval Document from Company Y?

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thank You in Advance

Archived