Travelling out of country with old H1B

nani4rstamping

Hi,

I really need some assistance with regards to my travel out of country after H1-B transfer

In 2009 i've applied for my H1-B and got approved for three years which will expire in June,2013. I also had stamping on this visa which is valid until June,2013. If i apply for the extension thru Premium processing in Feb and hopefully assume it approves and i get extension for it for another 3 more years.

Now i'm planning to go to India in May,2013 for my Marriage and will be back in the country within 2 weeks which will be end of May

Now my questions are

1)I Should i go for stamping on my new I-797 since my current stamping which is valid until June,2013?

2) If stamping not required, will i have any issues at the port of entry?

3) Without going for visa can i show my new I-797 which will be valid say till 2015 at the port of entry and have that date on I-94 without any problems? Will the personnel at the Port of entry object this?

Bottom line is i don't want to go for stamping again with newly approved I-797 and want to go with the already stamped visa.....but i want the I-94 to be associated with the newly approved I-797 at port of entry. How can i achieve this please help me out.

Thanks in advance!!

cooldude76....Hi thanks for ur reply.....i am staying with the same employer....there is no employer changes in this process.....since i am having visa stamped on old H1B and it is valid till june,2013......i don't want to go again for the stamping instead what i am thinking is to leave US having approved I-797 extension in hand and come back during the validity of old visa in month of May.....and show extension I-797 at port of entry....can you please let me know what is wrong in this process.???

@luck2u....Hi thanks for your reply .....i am with same employer and the extension will also be filed with same employer .....no change in employers here.....my question is old visa which have stamping will expire June,2013 and if have extension filed before i leave US in May,2013 ....should i go again for stamping on extension or can i reenter with Old H1B?? if i can reenter how will be the I-94 date?

Archived