Ottawa preferred hotels / travel plan

h1bzbee

Hi ,

I have my Visa interview at Ottawa,ON on Aug 28th.

Since the labor day long weekend is right around the corner, how many nights shall I plan to take a hotel in Ottawa?

Are there any preferred hotels ?

If I am stuck with 221G, are there any preferred long term(extended stay) hotels?

How do I travel(economically preferred transportation) within Ottawa?

Please post your experience being in Ottawa. Any information would be valuable.

Thanks,

Hi ,

I have my Visa interview at Ottawa,ON on Aug 28th.

Since the labor day long weekend is right around the corner, how many nights shall I plan to take a hotel in Ottawa?

Are there any preferred hotels ?

If I am stuck with 221G, are there any preferred long term(extended stay) hotels?

How do I travel(economically preferred transportation) within Ottawa?

Please post your experience being in Ottawa. Any information would be valuable.

Thanks,

I have my Visa Interview on Aug 28th. May be we can share accommodation in Ottawa, ON

I'll suggest you stay near the Embassy. That way, you don't have to rent a car. There is a very good public transportation from Ottawa airport to Downtown.

The hotels are:

Econo LOdge downtown

Travelodge downtown

Days Inn

extended stay delux

and many more.

Parking is a problem and expensive in Ottawa. I'll suggest you either walk or rent a bicycle to roam around.

Ottawa is a ************ole , everything there is a problem, you will be bankrupt pretty quickly there as motels/hotels (whatever you want to call them) are EXPENSIVE and not too good.

City sucks, traffic sucks, people are rude, you are better off waiting in India than being stuck there. Ajanta, Rupali, Shailesh and Jambeshwar already went back and so should you.

These people offering you advices are not going to pay for your hotel/motel. Leave for india and then return as you get approvals.

Archived