i-94 wrong date by cbp officer..expired.please help

mk1881

Hi,

Me and my husband returned from a india vacation on 03 march 2011. I'm on H4 and his on H1. Both of us have a valid visa till 05-28-2013.

However, the cbp officer gave the valid date on my husband's I-94 till 05-28-2013 but mine only till 05-28-2011. This definitely seem to be a mistake on their side.

Its already expired and I just saw today. How can i get this fixed? can i go to a CBP deferred location (newark airport) or do i have to go out of country and reenter?

Please help...i'm really concerned.

thks,

/M

I had a similar problem. I was flying back from UK and at POE (SFO) the officer wrote 02-13-10. The problem, the date that day was 02-14-10!

So you see, he accidentally wrote 10 instead of 11. (I was re-entering using AP and they always parole you for an year).

I didnt realize this mistake till I got home.

Solution: its a bit of a hassle. You have to go back to the port of entry so that they can correct the mistake. Some cities may let u get back into the airport, for me, I had to go to the DOS office on samsone street SFO. U need to get an infopass/appointment.

The first person I spoke to had no idea what I wanted. She sent me to the 15th floor. The lady there did was simply wrote over the '10' and made it into '11'.

No sign no nothing no stamp. I got it done for my peace of mind.

Archived