Is he telling the right thing?

farid717

Hi all,

My PERM has been applied at the end of last month. I had to do a little argument with the lawyer before to make it EB2 category (have MS plus 2 yrs experience) cause he wanted to go for EB3. But today when I called and asked if he applied in EB2 category or not he said EB2 or EB3 come into play after the labor approval and during the application of I-140, PERM has nothing to do with EB2 or EB3. There is no way to indicate EB2 or EB3 for labor application. I became little confused cause all these years I knew the labor gets approved either in EB2 or EB3 category. Is he telling the truth? Please reply.

I think your lawyer/company is trying to trick you. Ask him to send a copy of the Labor application that should be good enough to tell whether he applied for EB2 or EB3.

Originally posted by farid717:

Hi all,

My PERM has been applied at the end of last month. I had to do a little argument with the lawyer before to make it EB2 category (have MS plus 2 yrs experience) cause he wanted to go for EB3. But today when I called and asked if he applied in EB2 category or not he said EB2 or EB3 come into play after the labor approval and during the application of I-140, PERM has nothing to do with EB2 or EB3. There is no way to indicate EB2 or EB3 for labor application. I became little confused cause all these years I knew the labor gets approved either in EB2 or EB3 category. Is he telling the truth? Please reply.

Archived