EB3 Mouth Off World Series: Please use this topic to express your rants and frustrations

aeon

Some tips to start off this thread.

Explain how your life is on hold

Say a few words about USCIS being slow

State the obvious facts like " eb3 is never going to get current"

Blame everything else other than yourself for being in eb3 quote

Originally posted by pernalguy:

Came to US in April 1998. I am on H1B and expiring in November 2011. I hope it will be extended another 3 years. I will have to wait for another 20 years.

Aahh !! i see ... very unfortunate ! :(

Originally posted by pernalguy:

Came to US in April 1998. I am on H1B and expiring in November 2011. I hope it will be extended another 3 years. I will have to wait for another 20 years.

What did you do last 6-7 years? I think the PD comes from the date you file for.... Anyway that is past so go ahead and ask your company's attorney to apply for I-140 with premium processing and get it approved in 6 to 7 days then you know other process....I know many here those got approval within 10 days. None of them bothered to get a college degree from here. I believe there is someone only checking or verifying fees (payment) not the qualification or the form itself.

There is no use of grunting or letting out your anger here... please don't do that... I am also one of the victim of Backlog Elimination ceters and centralized process for labour certifications. But in a long run that is a good process. Lot of people might have forgotten that. Even during that July 2007 mess, lot of EB3 folks from India whose PD is around Feb 2004 got GC's. They wouldn't have got those if USCIS is doing it's job. Do something constructive if you can or else just stay tight.

These are some of the suggestions that come to my mind, in order to reduce the EB3 backlogs, and to make EB3 current:

1) CIR becomes a Law, and is implemented

2) Stop the DV Lottery for few years, and transfer the visa numbers to EB3, which will definitely reduce the backlogs

3) One-time increase for the per-year visa number allocation per each country, especially for countries who are facing the EB3 backlog brunt

I know how difficult is it to tirelessly waiting for our numbers to become current, as I am also a victim of that issue. Getting a college degree, or spending a whopping 40k-50k tuition fees, or changing your status from H1 to F1 to achieve your goal to move to a fast-track EB2 category, may not be an idea accepted by all people in the EB3 community. If that would have been the case, then all the EB3 folks would have got a USA degree and changed their status from Eb3 to EB2.

I came to this country on 1999, as a tourist, my visa got expired, but fortunately I applied for my labor before april 2001 and on the same year the company went out of business, but it still make eligible to change my status under 245I. I got my second labor approved on EB3 skill worker on 02/2008.

I applied on december 2010 on my I 485 after everybody on forum said they going to be denied because your priority date is not 04/2001 it is 02/2008.

But till now they didn't denied yet, and on my I 485 receipt my priority date showing 04/2001.

I got a RFE last week about form G325A and $ 1000,00 fees for 245I.

I already response and the status change to evidence review I hope my petition going thought approval soon.

People

This is insane ! I was being sarcastic as i am tired of people moaning and groaning on this forum. I created this topic just to prove people will grumble at any given opportunity. With the folks responding on this thread i rest my case.

Amen !

Originally posted by roul_raj123:

These are some of the suggestions that come to my mind, in order to reduce the EB3 backlogs, and to make EB3 current:

2) Stop the DV Lottery for few years, and transfer the visa numbers to EB3, which will definitely reduce the backlogs

3) One-time increase for the per-year visa number allocation per each country, especially for countries who are facing the EB3 backlog brunt

I know how difficult is it to tirelessly waiting for our numbers to become current, as I am also a victim of that issue. Getting a college degree, or spending a whopping 40k-50k tuition fees, or changing your status from H1 to F1 to achieve your goal to move to a fast-track EB2 category, may not be an idea accepted by all people in the EB3 community. If that would have been the case, then all the EB3 folks would have got a USA degree and changed their status from Eb3 to EB2.

you did not mention another solution:

To try to find a job who will do an EB2 based on your enormous experience.

If you fail in that, it only means that what you do here does not need exceptional skills and there's no solution for that.

You should also mention that its not easy to get a masters degree.

While we are on that topic, how do feel about some H1-b visa holders who don't work for the sponsoring employer and work at grocery stores or restaurants. Is this not considered fraud?

Why on earth should the DV lottery be stopped? Just because you are from a country which has a long line, you want others not to get something which do not get. Great attitude! Mind you, I am from one of the countries which are backlogged as well.

[This message was edited by Admin on May 17, 2011 at 07:00 AM.]

Originally posted by vvhk:

Why on earth should the DV lottery be stopped? Just because you are from a country which has a long line, you want others not to get something which do not get. Great attitude! Mind you, I am from one of the countries which are backlogged as well.

Indeed. Thank you.

Originally posted by aeon:

People

This is insane ! I was being sarcastic as i am tired of people moaning and groaning on this forum. I created this topic just to prove people will grumble at any given opportunity. With the folks responding on this thread i rest my case.

Amen !

Sarcasm is a lost art...

That you intended sarcasm was clear to me from the subject line. "Mouth Off World Series" is a good one...

People

Amen !

I agree, but i absolutely can't resist the temptation to pick on the brains of folks who think that EB3 India is the only deserving bucket and DV, EB2 and all other categories are not just non-deserving, but some of them are out right defrauding the government; LOL.

A few here feel that, its perfectly fine to have an "If i don't get it, no one should get it" attitude and are ready to fight it even though they have been proven wrong on a number of occasions.

CatSpit and JoeF

Well said my friends. You both captured the essence of the majority of the attitude of the folks who are grieving about their EB3 situation. Even more painful is the fact that some folks stiff don't get this topic thread they continue to rant coz for them it a case of entitlement .

The best one so far was stop the DV lottery ! next they will want the family based or other current category to be stopped or put on hold as well and then eb2 probably comes next. I wonder when will folks realize that they are responsible for their own category and stop finding other excuses.

What next ? this thread is starting to be come quite amusing for me.

Sarcasm aside.....these may help with visa backlog...and generally with the "workforce infrastructure". I guess its important to know that narrowing in on EB3/EB2 woes will not solve anything....

• USCIS/DOS will look to remove the dependents filing under the visa count for a few years. The USCIS/DOS will be a big beneficiary of this as it will reduce volatility in the visa count. And for us, the backlog will be wiped in as little as 3-5 years.

• USCIS/DOS will provide relief for the EB categories only if the employment numbers/economy picks up rapidly which may happen after 2012-hopefully Obama’s 2nd term.

• USCIS/DOS will look to streamline the H1-B process and provide opportunities for employers to hire more competitively among the H1-B pool-like a “job exchange†which lists all available resources that the employer can tap into, effectively removing the “employer-employee†handcuffs. The US already has that system-its used in the unemployment office!

• USCIS/DOS will look to create a new category gearing especially to remove the ‘body shopping’ practices and addressing ‘vendor-client’ relationships-something along the lines of L1 visa which is non-immigrant in nature but still provides great flexibility in terms of employers geographic locations.

• USCIS/DOS will look to provide more incentives for highly skilled/US educated employees to stay longer, maybe even a new visa category with no numerical count (similar to the non-profit category in H1-B) .

People

Amen !

Originally posted by Murthy Law Firm Attorney 6:

There are people who think the DV lottery numbers could be better used.

Everybody thinks their cause is somehow "better" than the next person's cause.

It is all self-interest, and therefore not worth much.

There are also people who think the EB3 numbers could be better used for something else. There are also people who think all numbers should be gone, i.e., people who don't want any immigration. Their "proposals" aren't any more or less worthy than when people propose to do something "better" with the DV numbers...

I for one have much more respect for people who support the DV program even if they suffer the EB3 delays than for people who can only think "me first."

</rambling>

This country is made with immigrant people and USA has better laws than any country in the world. Yes there is long road for Eb3 but you have to decide you want to stay here and wait for 10 years or you have to go home country. If you feeling laws are not good try some other country by the way my priority date is march 2005 Eb3 and I know I have to wait at least 9-10 years. But if you are not willing to wait there are so many opportunities in Asian market specially in India. So be real and think positive.

Originally posted by Jignesh1972:

This country is made with immigrant people and USA has better laws than any country in the world. Yes there is long road for Eb3 but you have to decide you want to stay here and wait for 10 years or you have to go home country. If you feeling laws are not good try some other country by the way my priority date is march 2005 Eb3 and I know I have to wait at least 9-10 years. But if you are not willing to wait there are so many opportunities in Asian market specially in India. So be real and think positive.

Thanks Jignesh1972, for talking some sense.

There's usually a lot of back of forth on this topic, but looks like its died down - I'm hoping its because, some members like roul_raj123 who wanted EB3 India to get all the unused visa numbers even at the expense of other buckets, have understood the big picture.

Originally posted by CatSpit:

You should also mention that its not easy to get a masters degree.

While we are on that topic, how do feel about some H1-b visa holders who don't work for the sponsoring employer and work at grocery stores or restaurants. Is this not considered fraud?

BTW, roul_raj123, you still have not answered my question.

First of all it was not my original intention to start a cat-fight, when I posted my reply to this thread, whereas my original intention was to contribute different ideas that can come forth from these discussions. It looks like there are some people here in this forum, whose original intentions were to create a fight out of nowhere.

Some people were asking why I am not replying to their postings. I am an IT professional working during weekdays, but it looks like some people who do not have any work, and their sole activities are to be actively engaged in forums like this. My advice to them will be to find a work, and start working, and you will come to know, why I am not replying to you during weekdays.

You should also mention that it’s not easy to get a masters degree.

Who told you the wrong notion that it is very hard to get a Master’s degree in USA? It is not that it is very hard to earn a Master’s Degree, but it is because we EB3 applicants know that by doing a Master’s Degree is not going to take us from our current position to any higher roles/responsibilities. Again that does not come free; you need to pay $50k to earn a Master’s Degree Paper Certificate. Your employer will not give you a $50k raise in your salary or will give you a promotion, because you earned a Master’s Degree. Why should one waste such kind of huge amount of money on something that is not going to benefit him/her in their professional work environment? If you are little bit smart, you can invest that $50k, by buying a 1 KG Gold Bar, which is going to give you more return than this Master’s Degree, which is a waste of time and money, for most of the crowd.

Why do you think, lots of Indian Students come to USA for higher studies. It is not because that they are more intelligent than the rest of the Indian Students, but it is due to the fact that most of them were not able to get a seat in the top Indian Institutions. So those rejected students from India are realizing that USA Universities are far easier to get an admission, and that’s why those rejected and frustrated students are flooding USA Universities.

Take an example of this Comparison between IIT in India Versus MIT in USA.

India’s best institutes for engineering has limited seats, the number of prospective students outnumber the actual availability of seats. Let us take IIT Joint Entrance Examination popularly known as IIT JEE for the year 2010. More than 472,000 students had registered for the examination and the total available seats were 9509. IIT JEE is one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in the world with a success rate of around 1 in 45 in comparison getting to MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is easier with an acceptance rate of over 10.

So the basic fundamental to flood the USA Universities is, if you are in India, and you are rejected with your attempt to get admission into the Indian Institutions, then you can be 100% confirmed to get admission to one of the USA University.

So my point to prove here is that most of the rejected/unwanted/discarded students from India are doing their master’s degree, here in USA.

I for one have much more respect for people who support the DV program even if they suffer the EB3 delays than for people who can only think "me first."

So does that mean that comes before USA’s national security?

“Hesham Mohammed Ali Hedayet, an Egyptian who killed two people at an El Al airline counter in Los Angeles in 2002, was able to remain in the U.S. after overstaying his visitor's visa because his wife won the green-card lottery.â€

“Rep. Goodlatte of Virginia and others also voice concern that the program is inviting to terrorists, because people don't need to prove they have ties to the U.S. and are guaranteed permanent residency, which allows them to get almost any job—even handling explosives.â€

DV Lottery should be stopped, and the numbers should be given to EB3 applicants, who deserve it more than DV Lottery Winners who never contributed anything to USA.

Archived