EB3 Mouth Off World Series: Please use this topic to express your rants and frustrations

aeon

I for one have much more respect for people who support the DV program even if they suffer the EB3 delays than for people who can only think "me first."

Thats very noble Joe. However it is more about people who are crying "why am I last just because I am from a particular country". Sorry Joe we are not heartless monsters but it is hard for anybody with such a bleak future as being in EB3 to support a program that frankly has no logic and is simply not fair. Please do not blame me because it is human nature ...

Please have some respect for me because I have not broken a single immigration rule but right now I am the very last in line (EB3 India June 2008)and I have already spent 11 years in the US.It may take decades for me to get a GC or I may even get it posthumously and I will probably give my tombstone address to USCIS to deliver my GC...So, hard as I try I simply cannot support the DV program..

again it is human nature...So Joe my friend ..don't be crtical of me..

Originally posted by roul_raj123:

First of all it was not my original intention to start a cat-fight, when I posted my reply to this thread, whereas my original intention was to contribute different ideas that can come forth from these discussions. It looks like there are some people here in this forum, whose original intentions were to create a fight out of nowhere.

Some people were asking why I am not replying to their postings. I am an IT professional working during weekdays, but it looks like some people who do not have any work, and their sole activities are to be actively engaged in forums like this. My advice to them will be to find a work, and start working, and you will come to know, why I am not replying to you during weekdays.

You should also mention that it’s not easy to get a masters degree.

Who told you the wrong notion that it is very hard to get a Master’s degree in USA? It is not that it is very hard to earn a Master’s Degree, but it is because we EB3 applicants know that by doing a Master’s Degree is not going to take us from our current position to any higher roles/responsibilities. Again that does not come free; you need to pay $50k to earn a Master’s Degree Paper Certificate. Your employer will not give you a $50k raise in your salary or will give you a promotion, because you earned a Master’s Degree. Why should one waste such kind of huge amount of money on something that is not going to benefit him/her in their professional work environment? If you are little bit smart, you can invest that $50k, by buying a 1 KG Gold Bar, which is going to give you more return than this Master’s Degree, which is a waste of time and money, for most of the crowd.

Why do you think, lots of Indian Students come to USA for higher studies. It is not because that they are more intelligent than the rest of the Indian Students, but it is due to the fact that most of them were not able to get a seat in the top Indian Institutions. So those rejected students from India are realizing that USA Universities are far easier to get an admission, and that’s why those rejected and frustrated students are flooding USA Universities.

Take an example of this Comparison between IIT in India Versus MIT in USA.

India’s best institutes for engineering has limited seats, the number of prospective students outnumber the actual availability of seats. Let us take IIT Joint Entrance Examination popularly known as IIT JEE for the year 2010. More than 472,000 students had registered for the examination and the total available seats were 9509. IIT JEE is one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in the world with a success rate of around 1 in 45 in comparison getting to MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is easier with an acceptance rate of over 10.

So the basic fundamental to flood the USA Universities is, if you are in India, and you are rejected with your attempt to get admission into the Indian Institutions, then you can be 100% confirmed to get admission to one of the USA University.

So my point to prove here is that most of the rejected/unwanted/discarded students from India are doing their master’s degree, here in USA.

I for one have much more respect for people who support the DV program even if they suffer the EB3 delays than for people who can only think "me first."

So does that mean that comes before USA’s national security?

“Hesham Mohammed Ali Hedayet, an Egyptian who killed two people at an El Al airline counter in Los Angeles in 2002, was able to remain in the U.S. after overstaying his visitor's visa because his wife won the green-card lottery.â€

“Rep. Goodlatte of Virginia and others also voice concern that the program is inviting to terrorists, because people don't need to prove they have ties to the U.S. and are guaranteed permanent residency, which allows them to get almost any job—even handling explosives.â€

DV Lottery should be stopped, and the numbers should be given to EB3 applicants, who deserve it more than DV Lottery Winners who never contributed anything to USA.

Since you responded to other threads during the week, I imagined that you could do the same here - My bad.

But you still have not answered my question. A vast majority of the H1-B visa holders have never broken any laws here in the US and I'm sure people are sympathetic to their cause. What about a fraction of the H1-B visa holders who, after loosing their jobs with the sponsor, continue to work here in the US at grocery stores, restaurants and continue to other odd jobs. When these guys eventually get another software job, through another sponsor go on to apply for green cards hiding the fact that they violated their H1-b visa agreement. I'm not saying a lot of H1-b visa holders do this, only a fraction - is this not fraud?

"you need to pay $50k to earn a Master’s Degree Paper Certificate."

Huh??? Maybe you should go for the degree, not paper certificate, after all. There is plenty of assistantships and financial aid for graduate students. Everyone I know who got an advanced agree in the US did not have to pay a dime, and the vast majority got paid a stipend to do so.

Originally posted by strynz:

RoulRaj,

look at it this way. you saved 50K, and 2 years each maybe worth a 100K

so basically u saved 250K AND you have 2 years additional experience in your QA resume.

[This message was edited by Admin on May 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM.]

Any EB2 would gladly exchange his position with you if you would pay him 250K and give him 2 years extra experience on his resume.

[This message was edited by Admin on May 23, 2011 at 01:07 PM.]

Originally posted by CatSpit:

Since you responded to other threads during the week, I imagined that you could do the same here - My bad.

But you still have not answered my question. A vast majority of the H1-B visa holders have never broken any laws here in the US and I'm sure people are sympathetic to their cause. What about a fraction of the H1-B visa holders who, after loosing their jobs with the sponsor, continue to work here in the US at grocery stores, restaurants and continue to other odd jobs. When these guys eventually get another software job, through another sponsor go on to apply for green cards hiding the fact that they violated their H1-b visa agreement. I'm not saying a lot of H1-b visa holders do this, only a fraction - is this not fraud?

Roul_raj123,

While you are talking about all the silly reasons why EB3 India should be put ahead of every other queue, i still haven't heard if working illegally on H1-b is a fraud or not, which makes me believe that you may have worked illegally while on H1-b - so of all the people, you should not talk about immigration fraud. If F1 students converting to H1-b is a fraud, then working ILLEGALLY in the US is a much bigger fraud.

Originally posted by roul_raj123:

First of all it was not my original intention to start a cat-fight, when I posted my reply to this thread, whereas my original intention was to contribute different ideas that can come forth from these discussions. It looks like there are some people here in this forum, whose original intentions were to create a fight out of nowhere.

Some people were asking why I am not replying to their postings. I am an IT professional working during weekdays, but it looks like some people who do not have any work, and their sole activities are to be actively engaged in forums like this. My advice to them will be to find a work, and start working, and you will come to know, why I am not replying to you during weekdays.

You should also mention that it’s not easy to get a masters degree.

Who told you the wrong notion that it is very hard to get a Master’s degree in USA? It is not that it is very hard to earn a Master’s Degree, but it is because we EB3 applicants know that by doing a Master’s Degree is not going to take us from our current position to any higher roles/responsibilities. Again that does not come free; you need to pay $50k to earn a Master’s Degree Paper Certificate. Your employer will not give you a $50k raise in your salary or will give you a promotion, because you earned a Master’s Degree. Why should one waste such kind of huge amount of money on something that is not going to benefit him/her in their professional work environment? If you are little bit smart, you can invest that $50k, by buying a 1 KG Gold Bar, which is going to give you more return than this Master’s Degree, which is a waste of time and money, for most of the crowd.

Why do you think, lots of Indian Students come to USA for higher studies. It is not because that they are more intelligent than the rest of the Indian Students, but it is due to the fact that most of them were not able to get a seat in the top Indian Institutions. So those rejected students from India are realizing that USA Universities are far easier to get an admission, and that’s why those rejected and frustrated students are flooding USA Universities.

Take an example of this Comparison between IIT in India Versus MIT in USA.

India’s best institutes for engineering has limited seats, the number of prospective students outnumber the actual availability of seats. Let us take IIT Joint Entrance Examination popularly known as IIT JEE for the year 2010. More than 472,000 students had registered for the examination and the total available seats were 9509. IIT JEE is one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in the world with a success rate of around 1 in 45 in comparison getting to MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is easier with an acceptance rate of over 10.

So the basic fundamental to flood the USA Universities is, if you are in India, and you are rejected with your attempt to get admission into the Indian Institutions, then you can be 100% confirmed to get admission to one of the USA University.

So my point to prove here is that most of the rejected/unwanted/discarded students from India are doing their master’s degree, here in USA.

So does that mean that comes before USA’s national security?

“Hesham Mohammed Ali Hedayet, an Egyptian who killed two people at an El Al airline counter in Los Angeles in 2002, was able to remain in the U.S. after overstaying his visitor's visa because his wife won the green-card lottery.â€

“Rep. Goodlatte of Virginia and others also voice concern that the program is inviting to terrorists, because people don't need to prove they have ties to the U.S. and are guaranteed permanent residency, which allows them to get almost any job—even handling explosives.â€

DV Lottery should be stopped, and the numbers should be given to EB3 applicants, who deserve it more than DV Lottery Winners who never contributed anything to USA.

Roul_raj123,

BTW here is an excerpt, verbatim, from the immigration blueprint prepared by the whitehouse. Not that this is going to become the law tomorrow, but thank god your suggestions (to brand EB2 applicants with a masters degree here in the US as fraudsters and send them back home after the degree is completed) never made it to the desks of the policy makers and they are proposing the exact opposite.

"Proposals for Change

To strengthen our economic competitiveness and create a legal immigration system that meets our diverse needs, the President supports:

••Encouraging foreign students to stay in the U.S. and contribute to our economy by stapling a green card to the diplomas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), PhDs and select STEM Masters Degrees students so that they will stay, contribute to the American economy, and become Americans over time;"

@catspit "So my point to prove here is that most of the rejected/unwanted/discarded students from India are doing their master’s degree, here in USA "

Similarly most of the rejected/unwanted/discarded IT professionals in India come on a H1B visa to the US and put fake experience to get a job ..since in India job interviews are highly technical and competitions is high..right ??!!!

catspit you are spitting on yourself

Originally posted by Illinois_Dude:

@catspit "So my point to prove here is that most of the rejected/unwanted/discarded students from India are doing their master’s degree, here in USA "

Similarly most of the rejected/unwanted/discarded IT professionals in India come on a H1B visa to the US and put fake experience to get a job ..since in India job interviews are highly technical and competitions is high..right ??!!!

catspit you are spitting on yourself

Illinois_Dude,

You are barking up the wrong tree, the comment above was actually from Roul_raj123. Read the post before mine, i just quoted his entire comment.

Archived