Recommended Posts

My parents have been in the USA since late November 2019 on a B1 visa. They were slated to travel back to India in April '20; we filed for a visa extension given the situation with COVID. We have received a receipt from the USCIS but no decision on extension.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to file Green Card petitions (I plan to file I-130/I-485 concurrently) for my parents in their current situation. My biggest concern is that their I-94 allows them to stay only till late May '20, even if there is an extension pending, and the I-130/I-485 forms require information on the I-94.


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.