B2 Visa expiring as well as I94 expiring , Please suggest

Hi , 

This is for my Mom who is 65 yrs old with prevailing conditions, Her B2 visa is expiring on 08-15-2020. Her current i94 was auto extended till june-18-20 which is the ending of 6 months of her visit as she had entered on Dec-19-19.

Please suggest me how to proceed with her stay extension , if I file Form 539 will they allow her extend beyond  b2 visa validity . In this pandaemic situation i  am scared to have her travel for next 6-8 months or atleast until things get normal. Can i file her B2 visa renewal while she is here in US  after applying for her stay extension form i539.

US visas are solely for entry and the visa's validity is irrelevant for her stay in the US. Yes, she can file I-539 to apply for Extension of Status. A visa cannot be renewed, and she cannot get a new visa from within the US (because if she is already in the US, she doesn't need to enter). Visas can only be obtained at consulates abroad.

Edited by newacct
  • 2 weeks later...