GC parents stuck in India over 180 days

sachinD1

My parents supposed to travel back to US in May, now there ticket is cancelled by Airline and they will miss 180 days GC limitation. Please let me know if I need to report/submit form or do something about this. Will appreciate your quick turn around.

Edited by sachinD1
3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Stays by GC holders abroad in excess of 6 months and less than one year are subject to a rebuttable presumption of having given up the GC.

There is no such presumption. Maybe you are thinking of the presumption of interrupting "continuous residence" for naturalization. But that has nothing to do with "giving up the GC".

• 3 weeks later...

You have no idea what you are talking about. Please get your facts right if you want to help people. Any stay abroad by a person with a GC less than 6 months is not a problem. Any stay more than 6 months and less than one year gives rise to a rebuttable presumption of having given up the GC. Any stay more than one year results in the loss of the GC unless one has a reentry permit. 

This is regarding the post by newacct. Please do not mislead posters. Stop posting if you are going to spout erroneous facts.

Edited by pontevecchio