Executive order - travel ban

arora.suresh

My mother in law had her immigrant interview scheduled in January in Mumbai, India. The interview was successful and she was granted a 6-month visa to travel to the States and apply for family based green-card. She applied as a parent of a US citizen. Her visa is valid till July 18th 2020. Her flight tickets are booked for June 20th, 2020 to travel from India to USA.

With the most recent executive order to ban immigration into the States, I will like to know is my mother in law affected by this executive order? The travel ban is for 60 days starting 4/23/2020. So 60 days last till 6/23/2020. So if she was to travel on 6/20/2020 and travel ban is still in place on that date... will she be banned from entry into the united states?

She is not affected. The proclamation does not apply to anyone who already has an immigrant visa valid on the effective date of the proclamation (April 23):

(a)  The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:

(ii)   do not have an immigrant visa that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation; and

Nothing stops her from coming to the US in the next 60 days as long as India allows flights.

Edited by newacct

Thanks for your replies. But the proclamation does say this:

The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:
(i)    are outside the United States on the effective date of this proclamation;
(iii) do not have an official travel document other than a visa (such as a transportation letter, an appropriate boarding foil, or an advance parole document) that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation or issued on any date thereafter that permits him or her to travel to the United States and seek entry or admission.

she is in india, so clause (i) is applicable to here that alien who is outside of United States.
Clause (iii) --> she does not have any other official travel document other than a visa. so clause (iii) also applies to her.

Clause (ii) is in in favor. But clause (i) and (iii) are not in favor. So does this prevent her from coming to the united states?
I also understand, after 50 days of this EO, this EO might be reviewed and travel ban could be lifted. But shall I reschedule her ticket to 1st week of july?