H1B , H4 Adminstrative Processing

siri221

My H1B Extension denied as my client did not issue client letter.

Travelled back to India applied again through consular process and got approved.

Oct 18th - Dropped the documents through drop box at HYD Consulate.

Oct 24th: Returned passport with 221(G) to attend the interview in-person.

Oct 25th: Attended the interview, went hardly for 5 mins with basic questions like salary and asked for client letter, i have provided the supporting documents instead of client letter. Received 221(G) white slip with second box checked as administrative processing.

Oct 29th: Got a call from embassy to email the LCA , Client letter.Submitted on same day.

I did not see any status change after that so i decided to attend the H4 visa as my H1B is under admin processing.

Nov 19th : Attended the H4 interview. VO just checked few min and said the H1B is under administrative processing we can issue visa and gave me 221(G)

white slip with second box checked as administrative processing.

Nov 21st: Again received the call from embassy to email the vacation letter again.

Dec 2nd: Received an email to submit the passport , without delay i have submitted the document on same day. Still today i don't see any updates.

Please can you suggest me anything that i can do ...

5 hours ago, siri221 said:

My H1B Extension denied as my client did not issue client letter.

Travelled back to India applied again through consular process and got approved.

Oct 18th - Dropped the documents through drop box at HYD Consulate.

Oct 24th: Returned passport with 221(G) to attend the interview in-person.

Oct 25th: Attended the interview, went hardly for 5 mins with basic questions like salary and asked for client letter, i have provided the supporting documents instead of client letter. Received 221(G) white slip with second box checked as administrative processing.

Oct 29th: Got a call from embassy to email the LCA , Client letter.Submitted on same day.

I did not see any status change after that so i decided to attend the H4 visa as my H1B is under admin processing.

Nov 19th : Attended the H4 interview. VO just checked few min and said the H1B is under administrative processing we can issue visa and gave me 221(G)

white slip with second box checked as administrative processing.

Nov 21st: Again received the call from embassy to email the vacation letter again.

Dec 2nd: Received an email to submit the passport , without delay i have submitted the document on same day. Still today i don't see any updates.

Please can you suggest me anything that i can do ...

Asking to submit passport is a good sign. Just try to follow up with embassy.

22 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Its good sign. Just hang on.

I attended my visa interview on Nov 26th in calgary after 2 F1 rejecteions in Vancouver BC. After my H4 interview i did not receive any form they just verbally said that it must go under admin processing. I got an update from the consulate requestiong to provide any change of status applied while in the US. I submitted them through email saying that i did not apply for a change of status while i'm in the US. LAter i got an email to attend a follow up appointment tomorrow I.e Thursday !9th December along with my passport and email confirmation. Does anyone have any idea what is this follow up appointment for? is it a good sign? Please let me know. Thanks 

On 12/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, gopalakrishnach said:

Follow up appointment now a days is common in some not straight forward cases. In your case you had 2F1 rejections to they want to dig in deep. I guess by this time you might have attended the interview. Please let us know how it went and hope all your issues get resolved...

They Digged in so deep. And they even gave a call to my husband and asked him the same set of questions they asked me. I was in the consulate when the yspoke with my husband. I am filing a petition with the help of Murthy law attorney and will see from there. They took all the original documents from me and returned my passport with 221(g) yellow color. Will have to wait for the reply we get from the consulate after submitting the Visa assistance Petition by the attorney to the consulate. It is so difficult to live in a new/different country with no family around.