H1-B stamping during LCA + Amendment

Barry22

Hello everyone! Looking for some help here.

I have an approved H1-B visa but not stamped yet - have an interview booked for December second week in Delhi. I work for an IT consulting firm and had to file for an LCA for a new client location. I have two questions - 

1. I believe an H1-B amendment is necessary along with the LCA. Is that true?

2. If the amendment decision is still pending when I travel for my visa interview (assuming I have the approved LCA and receipt notice), will I face any issues for the stamping process?

Please let me know because I still have time to cancel the LCA process as it has not been sent out yet. If there is a risk to stamping I would rather wait it out.

16 hours ago, Barry22 said:

Hello everyone! Looking for some help here.

I have an approved H1-B visa but not stamped yet - have an interview booked for December second week in Delhi. I work for an IT consulting firm and had to file for an LCA for a new client location. I have two questions - 

1. I believe an H1-B amendment is necessary along with the LCA. Is that true?

2. If the amendment decision is still pending when I travel for my visa interview (assuming I have the approved LCA and receipt notice), will I face any issues for the stamping process?

Please let me know because I still have time to cancel the LCA process as it has not been sent out yet. If there is a risk to stamping I would rather wait it out.

1. Yes.

2. They might issue 221G until the amendment is approved.

Always a risk without amended I-129 and LCA. Your I-129 will have client address info. So if it is not amended VO usually issues 221G.