H1B Visa stamping Drop box 221g - Hyderabad

swatiP

As i am eligible for a drop box, i have dropped my passport and I797 at the Hyderabad consulate last week. I have received an email saying that i need collect my passport and when i have collected it, it has a paper with pink slip, which says to appear for a visa interview. 

I am working as a contractor, i have changed the client in this January. As my new client is just 3 blocks away, i haven't filed an amendment as per USCIS rules. Also, my employer suggested the same. Now, i am appearing for the interview tomorrow, if the Visa offer asks me for client details, which client name should i mention.

Can i say, my new client name and say them that its just 3 blocks away and didn't filed an amendment ? Please advice.a

Thanks,

On 9/4/2019 at 7:19 AM, swatiP said:

As i am eligible for a drop box, i have dropped my passport and I797 at the Hyderabad consulate last week. I have received an email saying that i need collect my passport and when i have collected it, it has a paper with pink slip, which says to appear for a visa interview. 

I am working as a contractor, i have changed the client in this January. As my new client is just 3 blocks away, i haven't filed an amendment as per USCIS rules. Also, my employer suggested the same. Now, i am appearing for the interview tomorrow, if the Visa offer asks me for client details, which client name should i mention.

Can i say, my new client name and say them that its just 3 blocks away and didn't filed an amendment ? Please advice.a

Thanks,

You need to mention current client name. You can give the officer valid reason for not filing amendment.