Can we travel with existing H1B visa validity or go for stamping?

My wife worked as a full-time employee for XYZ employer on H1B and her visa valid till June 25th, 2019. As her job was terminated due to budget issues and she could not find another employer for H1B transfer within 60 days she went back to India in March 2019. Now her H1B is transferred to ABC employer and got approved. Can she now travel to the USA with the approved I-797A as her visa is valid till June 25th, 2019 or she need to again go for Visa stamping?

She has to go for stamping to get ABC employer details on visa, while crossing border they check the current employer reflecting in thier system and visa on passport, if there is discrepency, she will be sent back. This was practically happened so stamping is mandatory with current employer that the h1 is approved with. all the best.

15 hours ago, 02112018 said:

She has to go for stamping to get ABC employer details on visa, while crossing border they check the current employer reflecting in thier system and visa on passport, if there is discrepency, she will be sent back. This was practically happened so stamping is mandatory with current employer that the h1 is approved with. all the best.

She have to provide approved i797 at the entry and there shouldn't be any issue. From where you got stamping should be with current employer? Can you please share link? 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, adshah84 said:

She have to provide approved i797 at the entry and there shouldn't be any issue. From where you got stamping should be with current employer? Can you please share link? 

Thanks for the info, it worked out. Can travel with old employer valid visa and newly approved petition.