As a family travelling to India for VISA stamping

yksharma

Need your help again to fill out DS-160.

We (myself, my wife and my son) are at US now and would be travelling to India to get our H1B and H4s stamped. We are currently residing at say AddressOne but when we would travel to get the VISAs stamped then we may have moved to another apartment (do not know the address yet).

I have a few doubts while filing DS-160, thus need your urgent help.
1. Address and Phone Information page: Should I put my current address (i.e. AddressOne) as the Home Address? Also, I am assuming that the Mailing Address should be the address in India where I expect the passport to be delivered.
2. Travel Information page: Address where you will stay in the US, again the same question like the previous one... should I put my current address?
3. Family Information: Relatives page: Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? My wife and son are currently here, but when we go for VISA stamping, we would be in India. What should I write here?
4. Family Information: Spouse page: What should I capture under Spouse's Address? I am assuming the current address (AddressOne). What do you suggest?

We are concerned since AddressOne would not be valid/applicable for us the time when we visit India to get the VISAs stamped. Request you to extend your quick help and provide clarity. 

Thank you for your time and help.
On 3/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, yksharma said:
Need your help again to fill out DS-160.

We (myself, my wife and my son) are at US now and would be travelling to India to get our H1B and H4s stamped. We are currently residing at say AddressOne but when we would travel to get the VISAs stamped then we may have moved to another apartment (do not know the address yet).

I have a few doubts while filing DS-160, thus need your urgent help.
1. Address and Phone Information page: Should I put my current address (i.e. AddressOne) as the Home Address? Also, I am assuming that the Mailing Address should be the address in India where I expect the passport to be delivered.
2. Travel Information page: Address where you will stay in the US, again the same question like the previous one... should I put my current address?
3. Family Information: Relatives page: Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? My wife and son are currently here, but when we go for VISA stamping, we would be in India. What should I write here?
4. Family Information: Spouse page: What should I capture under Spouse's Address? I am assuming the current address (AddressOne). What do you suggest?

We are concerned since AddressOne would not be valid/applicable for us the time when we visit India to get the VISAs stamped. Request you to extend your quick help and provide clarity. 

Thank you for your time and help.

1. Current address

2. Same.

3. You need to mention their names. Does not matter where they stay at time of stamping.

4. Current.

All the above information should be correct as of the date you fill DS-160. If there is any change just take your new address proof info along with your existing address proof. If the VO questions you can explain the situation.

Archived