DS160 modifications for H1B stamping in India

sreevats.ns@gmail.com

Hi,

I am scheduling H1B Stamping for my Wife in India (through the CGI website). I have not submitted DS160 yet, I am using the DS160 number to create profile in CGI website and pay fees and schedule appointment.

My question is:

1. Can I submit DS160 after paying fees and scheduling appointment?

2. If I do find some modifications on DS160 after doing the step1, can I submit a new DS160 and update the DS160 number in CGI website - is it accepted? if not, what should I do ?

Thanks in Advance.

3 hours ago, sreevats.ns@gmail.com said:

Hi,

I am scheduling H1B Stamping for my Wife in India (through the CGI website). I have not submitted DS160 yet, I am using the DS160 number to create profile in CGI website and pay fees and schedule appointment.

My question is:

1. Can I submit DS160 after paying fees and scheduling appointment?

2. If I do find some modifications on DS160 after doing the step1, can I submit a new DS160 and update the DS160 number in CGI website - is it accepted? if not, what should I do ?

Thanks in Advance.

1. Yes. Make sure to submit. DS-160 expires after 30 days if not submitted.

2. You cannot update. But you can take the new DS-160 to finger printing appointment and they will then update it for the candidate.

Can I submit DS160 after paying fees and scheduling appointment? .. as far as I know you need to submit it by 48 hours before your interview

If I do find some modifications on DS160 after doing the step1, can I submit a new DS160 and update the DS160 number in CGI website - is it accepted? if not, what should I do ?  --- for Vancouver Canada.. i scheduled the interview, submited DS 160, realized a mistake and then mailed Vancouver consulate and they helped me to update DS 160. They asked me to res-ubmit new DS 160 and send them confirmation page. They updated Ds 160 number. You need 5 to 7 business days for this. I guess same can happen in India also.

Archived