H1B RFE Processing - California Service Center

Ram129

This is my first post here, just thought of sharing as FYI friends.

My H1B Extension details are below:

Center: California (WAC)

Applied : June 2017

RFE :  31 Aug 2017

RFE received by USCIS : 07 Nov 2017

Approved date: 23 Jan 2018

Interesting Point: I received my petition on 09 Feb. But USCIS website still shows RFE received status. 

Extra Note: My colleague replied for his RFE a week earlier than me, but he didn't get any response yet. Seriously, GOD alone knows what is happening at USCIS.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, g10dra said:

Interesting Point: I received my petition on 09 Feb. But USCIS website still shows RFE received status. 

Extra Note: My colleague replied for his RFE a week earlier than me, but he didn't get any response yet. Seriously, GOD alone knows what is happening at USCIS.

Thank you for sharing and congratulations on getting the approval. Must have been a relief.

My RFE was responded on Oct 24 2017, but still no response from USCIS yet. Attorneys even upgraded to premium processing on Feb 5 but still no response. Hoping to hear by next week if not this one. Website doesn't reflect the upgrade to premium processing and attorneys said they haven't received the receipt for premium, but are saying that decision should come in 15 calendar days. My 240 days post I-94 expiry will end in another 10 days, so all the more tricky situation.

17 hours ago, g10dra said:

Congratulations..!! 

Hope its the same positive news for everyone waiting around for the decision.. 

A Quick tip for students waiting for H1B decision: (change of status from F1 to H1) 

“Most of the posts say that the USCIS website is not upto date “

if you get a chance, call your college DSO and find out the sevis status. 

Your status is based upon the decision on ur H1 approval/ denial/ processing 

11 hours ago, naveen8812 said:

Bad News Guys. One of my colleague's case got rejected. He also got RFE last year and converted his case to Premium last month. This is the first rejection case I heard in my Org this year. Just hope for the best now...

It's complete opposite here. My team mate applied extension in Premium (WAC) on Jan first week and got RFE for speciality occupation and Job description. Today he got mail from our attorney that his petition got approved. We notice a trend in our workplace like more than 70% people are getting RFE on speciality occupation & Job desc., most of them have I-140 and 80% of them are non-cs background. Recently i come to know that 2 of the team members(Non-cs) got RFE to prove that they are eligible to work on CS job. Really, so many crazy and weird things are going here!

Hello,

I responded to my RFE october 2017.

I am still waiting for a decision from the California Center.

We tried twice to upgrade to PP but both checks were returned to us (Feb. 2 & Feb. 12) with a note saying that a decision had already been made in my case. 

In the officier records, my case still shows as pending! (We called).

I have a service request going on to clear this up.

I am confused and hopeful

My extension, based on an approved I-140, was denied by USCIS last week. My I-94 had expired last year and I have no other option but to sell everything and leave US immediately. In addition to the frustrating and depressing news of the denial, it hurts to sell everything that was in our rented home and even more seeing our kids leave their friends and schools so abruptly.

My job title was Technical Architect, and USCIS said that specialized knowledge and graduate degree is not needed for this role. Shocking how someone can think that Architect position doesn't require that. My salary was also a little under $100K. I had done a 7th year extension on the same job title and almost similar job responsibilities earlier.

I will be flying back next week now. Can answer if anyone has any queries that may help them in some way.

Wish nothing but the best to everyone. It's not easy leaving a country on such short notice especially after you have lived here for quite some time. Wish nobody has to go through this experience.

Sorry to Hear that brother. My response to RFE also reached on Oct 24th and the case is still pending. The reason behind RFE was that my Employer did not send any contractual documents except the client letter and that was not enough to justify the employee-employer relationship. I'm also planning to upgrade my case to Premium next week but I doubt I would receive another RFE for Specialty Occupation and then will end up with a Rejection. There are so many negative thoughts running in now and I'm just trying to prepare myself to fly back...

On 2/19/2018 at 10:51 AM, Camille Milou said:

Hello,

I responded to my RFE october 2017.

I am still waiting for a decision from the California Center.

We tried twice to upgrade to PP but both checks were returned to us (Feb. 2 & Feb. 12) with a note saying that a decision had already been made in my case. 

In the officier records, my case still shows as pending! (We called).

I have a service request going on to clear this up.

I am confused and hopeful

@Camille Milou Did you hear anything buddy?

On 1/26/2018 at 9:46 AM, Ishikananda said:

@naveen8812  I have changed it to premium on December 15th and the status changed to 'Requested for Premium Processing on 17th December' and On December 20th it changed to  'Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed' . I has been almost more than 20 days that I have applied for premium processing. I haven't heard anything about refund.

I am still waiting for the response. 

Did you hear anything?

I responded to RFE on 23 October 2017, After a long wait of 6 months my status is changed on 8th March and USCIS again requested for Addional evidence.

God knows what is happening, People started filling for next cap and we are still stucked with this one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 9:44 AM, brijmohan said:

Thank you for sharing and congratulations on getting the approval. Must have been a relief.

My RFE was responded on Oct 24 2017, but still no response from USCIS yet. Attorneys even upgraded to premium processing on Feb 5 but still no response. Hoping to hear by next week if not this one. Website doesn't reflect the upgrade to premium processing and attorneys said they haven't received the receipt for premium, but are saying that decision should come in 15 calendar days. My 240 days post I-94 expiry will end in another 10 days, so all the more tricky situation.

the 240 day rule is not applicable if RFE response was sent on time.

4 hours ago, pawansagar2000 said:

What does it exactly mean please? Are you saying I can keep working beyond 240 days if my RFE response was submitted within the time allocated when RFE was issued?

pls check with your attorney also about this.They will guide you propoerly

My Employer did not share the second RFE notice yet but now the USCIS webpage shows that my request for Premium Processing Services was received on Apr 3rd. Do I still need to respond to the Second RFE or we are good to wait for the result now? OR should we wait for USCIS to issue another RFE under Premium Timelines? This is so confusing. Anyone faced such scenario before, please share what was done.

On 2/12/2018 at 6:58 PM, g10dra said:

Hi, 

Exactly same dates with my case, but still uscis is showing as RFE documents was recieved to USCIS. It’s been 150 days now with same status. I checked with employer, but they said no updates from USCIS. 

Just curious,

1. what you got in RFE?. Can you please share it?

2. is still USCIS status not changed for you?.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Friends,

After reading this thread, I can understand that many are in similar situation like me.

Please let me know if there are any updates from those who are waiting for status change after the RFE documents are submitted.

My case is -

Extension submitted in July 2017 (both H1b and H4 for spouse)

Center - CA

I94 expiry - Oct 2017

RFE for H1b - Dec 2017

RFE doc submitted - Jan 2018

H4 approved on March 2018 (I am not sure how H4 got approved before H1B and I thought since H4 is approved i will get positive result on H1b sooner. But it dint happen till now even after more than 2 months wait)

No update on H1b till today

My 240 days is getting over in less than a month and my employer is in process of filing premium. But not sure if I will get any positive updates in next 2 to 3 weeks.

Archived