H1B RFE Processing - California Service Center

Ram129

Thats really interesting... The cases from october arn’t being processed. 

I have heard this from one of the senior attorney. In the year 2016, RFE submitted in the month of september & october got approved in the Feb 2017. 

This delay is because, USCIS processes files on the bases of the month its received. So if they were a lot of files in the months mentioned above, they might process the smaller months and den get back to the bigger ones. 

Only god or USCIS should know when will the status be updated.

The other weird thing is that “USCIS processing time page has not been updated since 5th Jan”.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@naveen8812  I have changed it to premium on December 15th and the status changed to 'Requested for Premium Processing on 17th December' and On December 20th it changed to  'Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed' . I has been almost more than 20 days that I have applied for premium processing. I haven't heard anything about refund.

I am still waiting for the response. 

Can you please let me know the process what if it was denied. Will employer get any form, if denied. My friend status shows as 'Case was received' and his employer has not received any form or letter from USCIS as denied. But when his attorney emailed to USCIS they replied that his case was denied long back. 

Can this happen ? Please let me know your suggestions, he is confused and is thinking how to proceed. Is his case denied ??

My friend had his extension request filed in September 2017 under regular processing and he got his decision in mid-December. This was at the California Service Center.

I got my RFE in July and filed the response in October but no response yet. Again with California Service Center.

Believe someone mentioned that some cases from Nov have also been approved. Not sure if it's an issue with Oct cases only.

I will be running out of the 240 days limit since my I-94 expired in June 2017 and will no longer be authorized to work at the end of Feb. Have a query out to the attorneys to see if we should upgrade to premium. Attorneys are saying that upgrading to premium pushes USCIS to give the decision quickly and that could impact the approval chances of the case. Anybody has any thoughts on that?

22 hours ago, Ram129 said:

Did you know that USCIS updated the processing times page. Its still on September 26. 

I have heard that, people from august got approvals last week.

It says September 26 but that's as of Nov 30, 2017. It's been 2 months since then. Not sure if the "AS OF" date is incorrect on the USCIS processing site or they just don't update it quickly.

I haven't even received an initial response to my application for extension (on approved I 140) filed on July 5th, 2017.  I am still waiting to hear back from them.  Apparently, USCIS claims this is still within their internal processing window and aren't willing to take a service request from my employer/attorney.  I guess there is no real clarity on what their internal processing window is and how long they are going to take to respond, or are just hoping everyone will upgrade to premium processing so they can make some bank.

22 hours ago, brijmohan said:

It says September 26 but that's as of Nov 30, 2017. It's been 2 months since then. Not sure if the "AS OF" date is incorrect on the USCIS processing site or they just don't update it quickly.

This was the same question , I have asked a USCIS CSR over the phone. 

As of date means:  the processing date applicable  to all the applications submitted on / before the date listed. ( in this case as of Nov 30) .

the page updated date is always available at the end of the page (right hand corner). The most recent update in jan 29th .

On 1/31/2018 at 1:40 PM, Ram129 said:

This was the same question , I have asked a USCIS CSR over the phone. 

As of date means:  the processing date applicable  to all the applications submitted on / before the date listed. ( in this case as of Nov 30) .

the page updated date is always available at the end of the page (right hand corner). The most recent update in jan 29th .

Thanks. I wasn't aware about this. Now I got it.

On 2/2/2018 at 1:42 PM, habibi11 said:

Oh that's great. I am with California center. Any movement there? I heard that if it takes long, then that mean denial chances are high, is that true?

I am not sure if that's the case. I think most of the folks from October haven't received the decision yet probably because of backlog. Don't think it's because of the delay, but can never know for sure. My case was upgraded to premium on Friday. The portal doesn't reflect that yet but hoping to see it updated in a day or two and get the decision in the next 2 weeks - hopefully an approval - fingers crossed.

On 2/7/2018 at 10:17 AM, naveen8812 said:

@brijmohan Any update on your case? Did it get Approved?

No update yet. Still waiting. The case status on the USCIS site doesn't reflect the premium processing upgrade, so not really sure what's going on. Sent an email yesterday to my attorneys asking if they got the acknowledgment receipt for the upgrade or not. Response from them is also awaited.

But I have heard there's definitely some progress on the October cases. Mine has been pending for 106 days now.

Archived