Administrative processing with arrest record

Raisa

Hello,  While I was on F2 visa , I was arrested and charged with domestic violence. ( 3rd degree felony) Later the charge was dismissed with prejudice as my husband denied to testify in the court ( used spousal privilege) . It happened in 2015. I have come back to my county and applied for an F1 visa. I have revealed about my arrest in ds160 and gave my notarized court docket to vo. Since then my visa is on administrative processing. Its been 50 days and I am really worried. Are they going to approve my visa? 

6 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Dismissed with prejudice means you have no legal issues except the arrest. Since the case was unconditionally dismissed, this should not hinder your visa. Maybe the pedigree of your college is the sticking point. Which college?

Yes. But the consula officer specifically focused on Arrest. He asked me if we are still married . And I said Yes. He said if my F2 was revoked because of the arrest. I think he doesn't have clean cut ideas about immigration rules. And my school is BYU , utah

And thanks a lot for your reply

Edited by Raisa

Raisa, I can understand your anxiety, unfortunately you have to wait till you hear back from USCIS. Be positive as your Case was dismissed with prejudice.I know 2 persons in this forum who got their VISA successfully with Charge like you,within 4-6 weeks.Even I have same issue with same result like you and yet to travel outside US.(but one day, I have to, and face what you are facing now).sometimes it gets delayed more as it is busy time for Embassy now (New H1-B stampings) so other than being patient you cannot do anything now.Please forum posted once you get update,it helps others like you.

Edited by deep4228
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you plea guilty? Did you admit to any criminal act? If not, your visa should not be denied based on this criminal case alone. There may be some other reason for the AP or none at all (they can happen randomly). I would guess (if the above is all true) that you will likely get the visa after the AP is completed. Please let us know about any news. 

As far as I know most countries only care about convictions, not arrests. Arrest in itself is not considered a crime in Western democracies. 

On 10/27/2017 at 2:30 AM, deep4228 said:

Raisa,

can you share your experience in detail like

when did the incident,

when you traveled back

what questions VO asked you,

what documents you submitted.

How long it took in total for you to get VISA

It helps others a lot.

The incident  happened  in 2015

I travelled back to my country in August 2017

The VO asked me about the incident  in detail. He asked me if I did that or no. I said no .

I have submitted  notarized court docket, police report, letter from attorney and my husband.

It took total 64  days for processing 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 9:54 AM, Raisa said:

Hello,  While I was on F2 visa , I was arrested and charged with domestic violence. ( 3rd degree felony) Later the charge was dismissed with prejudice as my husband denied to testify in the court ( used spousal privilege) . It happened in 2015. I have come back to my county and applied for an F1 visa. I have revealed about my arrest in ds160 and gave my notarized court docket to vo. Since then my visa is on administrative processing. Its been 50 days and I am really worried. Are they going to approve my visa? 

Hi,

when was your interview?when was your passport issued and whe did u recieved your passport?

i am in the same problem.gave interview on 23rd oct and on AP since then? Please reply

On 10/8/2017 at 9:54 AM, Raisa said:

On 10/26/2017 at 0:54 AM, Raisa said:

They have issued my visa. Thank you

Hi,

i was arrested in 2013 paid fine in court.i am on dependant visa but still on AP,please reply how much time did they take for u to issue the passport?

interview date?

issued date?

passport recieved date?

also you mentions 64days to process what u mean by this?was it exact 64 calender days ? Or working days ?

please reply as when you share these problems it gives a hope to others too.

thank u

Edited by Simona1990
Had to ask more
On 10/26/2017 at 4:30 PM, deep4228 said:

Raisa,

can you share your experience in detail like

when did the incident,

when you traveled back

what questions VO asked you,

what documents you submitted.

How long it took in total for you to get VISA

It helps others a lot.

Hi,

have you too faced this problem? Did u get ur visa?

On 10/11/2017 at 0:04 AM, deep4228 said:

Raisa, I can understand your anxiety, unfortunately you have to wait till you hear back from USCIS. Be positive as your Case was dismissed with prejudice.I know 2 persons in this forum who got their VISA successfully with Charge like you,within 4-6 weeks.Even I have same issue with same result like you and yet to travel outside US.(but one day, I have to, and face what you are facing now).sometimes it gets delayed more as it is busy time for Embassy now (New H1-B stampings) so other than being patient you cannot do anything now.Please forum posted once you get update,it helps others like you.

Hi!

In how many calender days or working days did your known person from this forum get the passport?