Administrative processing with arrest record

Raisa

On 10/8/2017 at 7:24 PM, Raisa said:

Hello,  While I was on F2 visa , I was arrested and charged with domestic violence. ( 3rd degree felony) Later the charge was dismissed with prejudice as my husband denied to testify in the court ( used spousal privilege) . It happened in 2015. I have come back to my county and applied for an F1 visa. I have revealed about my arrest in ds160 and gave my notarized court docket to vo. Since then my visa is on administrative processing. Its been 50 days and I am really worried. Are they going to approve my visa? 

Hey Raisa,

I am in similar situation. Can you post your timelines? Did they collect your passport on the day of interview?

This is bad part of this forum, people do not share there experiences in detail or answer once they cross over.

For Raisa, it took 64 days in total,none can tell the reason for it .. In most of the cases( I know of this forum)  it is 4 - 6 weeks.

theft charges seems to get thru fairly quickly (3 weeks) , given they will not ask for Medical test;Other Charges  - DUI, Assault etc takes  4 - 6 weeks.

By the way, please write your case in full detail ,so someone can  give more precise answer.

Also dnt get worried , you will mostly sail thru it as  long as you have no conviction ( just arrest) and please do your 2 cents to share about it latter.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:36 PM, deep4228 said:

This is bad part of this forum, people do not share there experiences in detail or answer once they cross over.

For Raisa, it took 64 days in total,none can tell the reason for it .. In most of the cases( I know of this forum)  it is 4 - 6 weeks.

theft charges seems to get thru fairly quickly (3 weeks) , given they will not ask for Medical test;Other Charges  - DUI, Assault etc takes  4 - 6 weeks.

By the way, please write your case in full detail ,so someone can  give more precise answer.

Also dnt get worried , you will mostly sail thru it as  long as you have no conviction ( just arrest) and please do your 2 cents to share about it latter.

Yeah. Mine is more than 3 weeks now with DV charges. Not been issued any medical test or anything till now. Not sure if I will be issued something in coming days. Ideally, for DV cases they should not issue Medical Test but I have seen some members on this forum getting it.

• 5 months later...

Hi H1_123, Sim, Raisa and other members.

My case is similar too.. On admin processing for last 45 days chennai consulate. My background is DUI conviction in 2015 and PC-415 conviction in 2016. Initially was arrested for domestic battery charges. Later my attorney worked with DA to get charges amended to PC-415 as DV will have immigration consequences.

I was sent to panel physician and the hospital submitted reports to consulate. Please someone help me and let me know what would be the outcome based on experience of the forum.

• 1 year later...

Hello all, shortly I will apply for an L1 visa, being sponsored by my company (a major multinational company) who is submitting a petition on my behalf. The visa needs to go through fairly quickly as I am supporting the US business for an urgent short term need. I have a previous conviction in Florida for “resisting an officer without violence” and I am worried that this will lead to administrative processing when apply in January. Does anyone have any experience of the likelihood of this happening!?