H4 Visa re-stamping during visit to India

gaurav.it

Dear Guru's,

My spouse and children are planning to visit India after we got our first extension. I heard that, even though H1B person don't visit along with them, H4 visas are required to be re-stamped. I have few questions and it will be great, if someone can clarify them.

1. Is it mandatory for H4 holder's to get the visa re-stamped, even tough H1B holder's are not accompanying them ?

2. Whether drop box (interview waiver) facility is still available ?

3. How long does it takes on average to get H4 re-stamped at present situation ?

4. All required documents for re-stamping are similar to initial H4 stamping ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

2 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Do they have an existing H4 visa and if so when does that expire?

Their first H4 was stamped by Feb 2014 and expired by August 2016. After extension got approved, this is the first time they are planning to visit their home country India by mid May 2017. It will be of great help, if you can please clarify my questions. Also, do they both require separate DS-160 forms like initial stamping ?

On 4/25/2017 at 7:34 PM, gaurav.it said:

Dear Guru's,

My spouse and children are planning to visit India after we got our first extension. I heard that, even though H1B person don't visit along with them, H4 visas are required to be re-stamped. I have few questions and it will be great, if someone can clarify them.

1. Is it mandatory for H4 holder's to get the visa re-stamped, even tough H1B holder's are not accompanying them ?

2. Whether drop box (interview waiver) facility is still available ?

3. How long does it takes on average to get H4 re-stamped at present situation ?

4. All required documents for re-stamping are similar to initial H4 stamping ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

1. Yes.

2. It is available.

3. 2 weeks.

4. Yes.

Archived