Visa Appointment: 7:45 AM 8th Dec 2016

Interview:

VO: Who do u work for?

VO: Who is the end client?

VO: What do you do for them?

VO: How many people in you company?

VO: How many people in work place?

VO: Is your client an consulting firm?

VO: How long have you been working with them?

VO: Please give me your 2015 W2 and 2013 W2.

VO: We need to do further review on your case.

VO: Asked for DS160 form.

VO: Took finger prints.

Returned passport and all the documents did not ask for client letter or any thing. At the end asked for DS160 and kept it. I asked if she wants to look at the Client letter. She said yes that would help and took all the letters. Not sure why she did not ask for any client letter or did she just forget. Any idea if it will be approved? This is my second time in Ottawa. Working for the same client since 2011 and same employer. Was given 221 G White last time as well but last time the VO took my passport and all the letters including i797. Had to wait for 30 days to get my passport. Is it a good sign or a bad sign to return my passport?

On 12/8/2016 at 9:30 AM, sriveer said:

Hi Guys,

Any the in the same boat?

Interview:

Returned passport and all the documents did not ask for client letter or any thing. At the end asked for DS160 and kept it. I asked if she wants to look at the Client letter. She said yes that would help and took all the letters. Not sure why she did not ask for any client letter or did she just forget. Any idea if it will be approved? This is my second time in Ottawa. Working for the same client since 2011 and same employer. Was given 221 G White last time as well but last time the VO took my passport and all the letters including i797. Had to wait for 30 days to get my passport. Is it a good sign or a bad sign to return my passport?

Its quiet common these days for 221g in ottawa. Dont panic stay calm and roam around in ottawa.  Please kindly update this thread about your findings once you get through the visa stamping process

Types of 221 (g):

There are different reasons for refusal under 221(g) section and the visa officer will give a color coded form. U.S. Embassy uses a specific color coding for each form to indicate the type of 221(g) and the form has instructions to be followed and documents necessary to be provided by the applicants for further processing of their visa application.

The following are the color codes and the explanation of what each color means:

Blue Slip: A 221g Blue slip is given when the additional documentation is required. After submitting the required documents, a decision will be taken by the Consulate.

Pink Slip: A 221g Pink slip is handed out when your application needs further administrative processing. The consulate will notify you once the processing is done. This form is most likely issued when the Visa Officer is doubtful about your current employer or work related information. You will be given a reference id and you can track the status online.

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slip denotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer.

White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS. 

This is my second time in Ottawa . Even first time got 221g white. They did intensive query on my case last time as well. I am with the same client and same employer. 

They did not ask for any documents. If you call them they will give you the same answer that your case is under administrative processing.

hi veer,

i am on the same boat , i have attended the interview on 13th dec. r u in ottawa? 3 more from  ottawa is in same boat like us ? please share ur contact details vl call you? i am planning to leave to india by 2mrw instead of staying here ?

******@gmail.com 

please share your contact 

@sriveer

I went to get onto an h4 visa. Instead of asking details about my spouse, VO asked about my past.  I have a masters degree and was in research - so i guess i fall under the TAL (tech alert list). The ironical part is i got an h1b stamp for research without any issues and now they gave me 221g blue for h4 and asked for my CV. I sent it on same day and the consulate responded "Received. Thanks".

From what i have been reading it is 15-20 business days. The number of actual weeks will be longer now because of the holidays.

• 1 month later...

This is my timeline:

8th December VI 

221g white 

23 December asked my manager to send an email to the FPU explaining about Dell EMC and what they do etc

23 December got a reply back after 10 min asking for 2 client supervisors and HR information. 

9 January got an email asking for I129 and supporting documents when applied for my H1B.

9 January client manager got a call to verify my work role, location etc.

30 January got an email to submit passport 

6 February date changed for the first time. 

7 February "ISSUED"

8 February picked up passport 

8 February crossed border by road. All went smoothly at border. They were very nice. Asked if I am working for the same company, where do I live etc. No issues at all 10 min activity. Gave me a new i94.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 9:30 AM, sriveer said:

Hi Guys,

Any the in the same boat?

Interview:

Hi Sriveer,

I got the same white slip saying further review the officer took my employer letter and client letter with her and she told i will get an email in 3 to 4 business days, how long did it take for you to complete

Thanks

Ram

Archived