Caught in Prostitution

suffer.lifelong

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Some of the replies are too exaggerated and fear-mongering. 

I was in a similar trouble sometime ago but received a citation and not booked fortunately. And I did leave the country when case was in progress. But on reentry after visit abroad, still was taken to secondary inspection. The officer there just waved to me to go. Probably because my family was with me :)

In your case also. Even if convicted,  it is not the end of the world. One misdemeanor is excused and you won't be denied entry.

But better hire a criminal defense lawyer and get the case dropped or get a pre-trial diversion and then get the case dismissed. It might cost 1000- 2000 not 5000-10000 as someone mentioned.

Well thanks for the information, now my thoughts are ....dont get out country until you get your greencard, having said that filling date is last year end i.e. 2015...looks like down the line 10 years(is it real ?? with 3000 green cards per year and my fellow indians are in lakhs from past decade) I am unable to see my home country...Its like america is appearing for me like a golden cage but very huge cage where I can rome around the country but cant get out of country as if I get out I cant get in, its like cant leave cant stay...

Well thanks for the information, now my thoughts are ....dont get out country until you get your greencard, having said that filling date is last year end i.e. 2015...looks like down the line 10 years(is it real ?? with 3000 green cards per year and my fellow indians are in lakhs from past decade) I am unable to see my home country...Its like america is appearing for me like a golden cage but very huge cage where I can rome around the country but cant get out of country as if I get out I cant get in, its like cant leave cant stay...

Well you can go out of country and come back you will beallowed inside only if you case is dismissed

It will be difficult for immigrationlong wait times and queues

Delays in entry and visa processing

NOTE : lot of indians are getting visas rejected in the visa interviews if u have arrest records then there is only 50% chance to get visa

2)Leaving the country and never come back so atleast I can survive in other countries, while the court verdict is pending so I can say I never commited any crime any where. considering only judgement verdict matters.

If you don't show up for the court date, there would be a default judgement, and that would for sure not be in your favor. It would be whatever the DA asks for.

In other words, in such a case, if you ever travel to the US, and there is an arrest warrant out for you due to a default judgement, you can get arrested at the POE.

you are unneceaarily dragging your discussion...nobody here said you will be denied reentry..you will be just flagged for secondary inspection...

if you are scared that your wife will know of it...you brought it on yourself, didnt't you?

Not leaving the country for a decade is foolish...you may be flagged even after GC..no golden cage is worth missing the "regular" life for 10+5 years, until you get citizenship..

Not leaving the country for a decade is foolish...you may be flagged even after GC..no golden cage is worth missing the "regular" life for 10+5 years, until you get citizenship.

Well said, I agree 100% no golden cage is worth than our freedom Indian Life style  >10+5 years...

After all your comments I decided not to give up and like to fight. Thanks will be attending court soon . 

if faith brought me up here in this country, it will only decide what going to happen,the only worst I can appear in my mind (apart from family down the line they can forgive), about jobs switch or job change is difficult but lets C. 

Ok great.. Did you go out of country and enter port of entry? Were u sent to secondary inspection?

yes, sent to secondary inspection. The officer in secondary inspection waved me to go. So not sure if my record came up  and he was being nice OR was a random inspection. ( As I mentioned I was only cited and not booked and fingerprinted during the arrest.)

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/9217-solicitation-for-prostitution/page-1

This is the best thread of the all, if a guy with so many nonsense case can able to get his citizenship why not me :( ...Century Kabi to +Ve hoja yar ( Be positive atleast some times)......

The case u mentioned occured un 2010.. By 2012 USCIS has conquered that Solicitation of Prostitute is a CIMT moral turpitude offense.. Read about CIMT.

US immigration takes CIMT offenses seriously.. Even if case dismissed these offenses if occured one time during your life anywhere inthe world will make it tough to get visa or GC approvals..

yes, sent to secondary inspection. The officer in secondary inspection waved me to go. So not sure if my record came up and he was being nice OR was a random inspection. ( As I mentioned I was only cited and not booked and fingerprinted during the arrest.)

Yes your record came up thats why you were sent to secondary inspection.. This will occur everytime u enter Poe until u become a US citizen

Great News even Expungment can be done in california just got this website. please access did any one use this before or know this before?

Expungement does not help for immigration. In CA expungement means convicted cases are dismissed.

You can seal arrest records but its difficult to achieve in CA

You need a good defense lawyer

Archived