Caught in Prostitution

suffer.lifelong

Appreciate your detailed post, but I wonder there are lot of countries who had made it legal 

then there is no issue of trafficking of women there? only here? one night stands are absolutely fine but prost is wrong. 

Here are some of the countries where prostitution is legal.
  • New Zealand. Prostitution has been legal for Kiwis since 2003. ...
  • Australia. The legal status of prostitution in Oz differs from state to state. ...
  • Austria. Prostitution is completely legal in Austria. ...
  • Bangladesh. ...
  • Belgium. ...
  • Brazil. ...
  • Canada. ...
  • Colombia.

Completely irrelevant.

The laws in this country are the way they are, if you like it or not.

What other countries do is completely and utterly irrelevant to the laws of THIS country.

The US was founded by Puritan Christians, and their rules still have an influence in this country. Btw, that also applies to alcohol purchase and consumption. You will find a lot of areas in this country where alcohol purchase is not allowed on Sundays, or where purchase is not allowed, period. For example, the county where a popular brand of Whiskey is produced, in Tennessee, is a "dry county", where purchase of alcohol is not allowed. SO you can visit the distillery, but you can not taste the whiskey.

That's all part of the history of this country. There was even a Constitutional Amendment in the early 1900s prohibiting the production and sale of alcohol country wide. It was superseded by another amendment a decade later or so to allow it again.

So, again, forget what other countries allow or don't allow.  This country in most part prohibits prostitution (Nevada is an exception, except for Las Vegas; there is the so-called Bunny Ranch in rural Nevada..., but prostitution in Las Vegas is prohibited.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

buying a gift or dinner to a regular date is not problem..but in your case I think that women is already well known to police with her records..that is why the cops followed you guys...

it all comes down to proving that the evidence the cops has against is you just circumstantial and I don't think you can do it just by yourself..

even if you win the case, you still have to disclose it on every DS160, POE will flag you at every reentry even after getting GC..

Ok if u are fingerprinted then this an arrest and your fingerprimts are visible to uscis immigration poe and fbi. Tey to get case dismissed without pleading guilty. If there is diversion without acceptance of guilt you will be safe for immigration. But arrest still remains . In the Visa, GC or citizenship forms you will have to mention your arrest. Be truthful, carry court disposition docs when travelling outside country andfor visa interview. Get a immigration lawyer opinion letter and show it to VO or POE during entry.

This is a CIMT and if ur state maximum punishment is less than1 year and only 6 months jail then you have a petty offense exception so you dont have inadmissibility issue or visa issues

buying a gift or dinner to a regular date is not problem..but in your case I think that women is already well known to police with her records..that is why the cops followed you guys...

it all comes down to proving that the evidence the cops has against is you just circumstantial and I don't think you can do it just by yourself..

even if you win the case, you still have to disclose it on every DS160, POE will flag you at every reentry even after getting GC.

Every POE entry? I thought after the first time you showed the proof about the case, from next time on wards it will be good I thought....if I need to disclose every time entry I can easily catch to my woemn, I thought might be one time only then I can plan the travel separately and manage....from second time onward it will be fine I thought but here I see diff veiw...After GC also?? God...for what I am suppose to face so many consequences here....

Ok if u are fingerprinted then this an arrest and your fingerprimts are visible to uscis immigration poe and fbi. Tey to get case dismissed without pleading guilty. If there is diversion without acceptance of guilt you will be safe for immigration. But arrest still remains . In the Visa, GC or citizenship forms you will have to mention your arrest. Be truthful, carry court disposition docs when travelling outside country andfor visa interview. Get a immigration lawyer opinion letter and show it to VO or POE during entry.

This is a CIMT and if ur state maximum punishment is less than1 year and only 6 months jail then you have a petty offense exception so you dont have inadmissibility issue or visa issues

FBI?? Lol let them visibile to our CID, CBI also ...for what they are making this small issue big without happened nothing,

Please century you look like very senior and well versed in this categories, suggest me the best solution which is cheap and best.  also you can share your experience being known so many things how you become victim/criminal here....

Completely irrelevant.

The laws in this country are the way they are, if you like it or not.

What other countries do is completely and utterly irrelevant to the laws of THIS country.

The US was founded by Puritan Christians, and their rules still have an influence in this country. Btw, that also applies to alcohol purchase and consumption. You will find a lot of areas in this country where alcohol purchase is not allowed on Sundays, or where purchase is not allowed, period. For example, the county where a popular brand of Whiskey is produced, in Tennessee, is a "dry county", where purchase of alcohol is not allowed. SO you can visit the distillery, but you can not taste the whiskey.

That's all part of the history of this country. There was even a Constitutional Amendment in the early 1900s prohibiting the production and sale of alcohol country wide. It was superseded by another amendment a decade later or so to allow it again.

So, again, forget what other countries allow or don't allow.  This country in most part prohibits prostitution (Nevada is an exception, except for Las Vegas; there is the so-called Bunny Ranch in rural Nevada..., but prostitution in Las Vegas is prohibited.)

you nailed it as deep it's possible, great research. Yeah I agree with you  though discussing in forums annoymously will not impact or bring changes in any law of any country. but at the end I can say only one thing, at-least they should exclude or change law to erase this entire arrest history if it is proven to be benefit of doubt or innocent. 

Yes every time you enter and every time u go forvisa interview u have to disclose your arrest and case.. You will be questioned.. Were u arrested? Did you do it? If you say yes you are convicted for immigration then and there on the spot.. They will use all the words you use to say answers for the arrest against you.. There arelot of visa people coming in and if they see asmall petty case they will prosecute and deport and deny visa and will be inadmissible.. Every POE and Every Visa interview you will be questioned.. Also there will be huge delays to get visa or GC or entry at secondary inspection.. Its Tough and wil hsve to face these consequences for life time .. There is no escape

Yes, that will continue until you become a US citizen.

That's how things work.

That's why it is a very bad idea to violate US laws.

As the saying goes: "if you can't do the time don't do the crime."

Always know the consequences of what you are doing before you are doing it.

I am sure your home country has laws as well that prohibit things people in other countries think are ok.

Always know the local rules...

Yes every time you enter and every time u go forvisa interview u have to disclose your arrest and case.. You will be questioned.. Were u arrested? Did you do it? If you say yes you are convicted for immigration then and there on the spot.. They will use all the words you use to say answers for the arrest against you.. There arelot of visa people coming in and if they see asmall petty case they will prosecute and deport and deny visa and will be inadmissible.. Every POE and Every Visa interview you will be questioned.. Also there will be huge delays to get visa or GC or entry at secondary inspection.. Its Tough and wil hsve to face these consequences for life time .. There is no escape

Hy Century how about this Idea, like americans(who are citizens or even our Indian who became america citizens) who has gredge on some1 else can always threaten others saying I put a case against you, or do me this favor if I put a case no matter what ever is the outcome of the case, then you will be screwed life long through out your life in VISA/Immigration. 

not every allegation in USA leads to arrest...an arrest is what to be reported for immigration..

for arrests in India to be reported, it needs to have an FIR..police will manhandle you on every allegation in India (if you don't have connections) but they don't file FIR unless it is a valid crime...

not every allegation in USA leads to arrest...an arrest is what to be reported for immigration..

for arrests in India to be reported, it needs to have an FIR..police will manhandle you on every allegation in India (if you don't have connections) but they don't file FIR unless it is a valid crime...

Ha Ha thats not the case, what I understood from going through tons of pages and forums is even a traffic ticket some times(mostly) expected to be reported in ds-160. the immigration officers have wide rage of powers they can see every single thing of you. So Imagine you I sued for any reason, you need to come to court and answer that you didnt done any mistake, but in DS-160 they expect you need to report that some suffer has put a case against me while I am honest, so visa officers will give you nicely 221g to see what exactly is the case, whether you are telling truth or not and after some days might be you can proven to be right and visa iwll come but till the time if your employer is US based he cant tolerate your 30 days out of country working, so the same steps repeats in POE but instead of days hours of waiting. 

Hy Century how about this Idea, like americans(who are citizens or even our Indian who became america citizens) who has gredge on some1 else can always threaten others saying I put a case against you, or do me this favor if I put a case no matter what ever is the outcome of the case, then you will be screwed life long through out your life in VISA/Immigration.

Not every allegation results in arrest. Even if you call cops against somebody for no reason, cops come and talk to people there to see if there are probable reasons for arrest. But if they find out that you called cops for no reason and with the intent of causing trouble to others, then you will be in big trouble.

Also if other person gets arrested because of false allegations from you and if he comes clean then he can file civil case against you for damaging his reputation and etc..

Anyway why do you want others to go through the same ****, I would never do that.

Not every allegation results in arrest. Even if you call cops against somebody for no reason, cops come and talk to people there to see if there are probable reasons for arrest. But if they find out that you called cops for no reason and with the intent of causing trouble to others, then you will be in big trouble.

Also if other person gets arrested because of false allegations from you and if he comes clean then he can file civil case against you for damaging his reputation and etc..

Anyway why do you want others to go through the same ****, I would never do that.

Hello Mahthma ji, 

for your below one

>>Anyway why do you want others to go through the same ****, I would never do that.

I am not saying I will do that nor I am encouraging this, 

I am sharing the flaw of being Immmigration, so if a citizen sues for what ever legal reason having some gredge that nonimmigrant has to suffer life long or till he become citizen...even thought he come out as innocent ..doesnt matter 

he has to declare this is ds-160, some XYZ sued me I came out as innocent from court, where as immigration officer doest have access to those straight away, so he will give you 221(G), and the same happens in POE, you will be send to second screening, thats all going to happen life long. So this is a fact and you cant avoid, better avoid and pray god that shouldnt happen to us, other than that we cant do nothing. 

also adding to the statement of what I said 

In California, a court file is a public record. It cannot be sealed no matter what the outcome of the case. Also, expungement means something in California if someone was convicted, did their punishment and did their time etc. After that, as a part to expunge, they add one more line saying conviction set aside, but still anyone, absolutely anyone can go and read it. In some states, after 2-3 years, they let you seal it, California does not let u do that. It is pretty bad on that. Hence, I am very nervous about what will happen to my future, even though I practically won the case, never convicted. 

In all Job Searches companies will be very careful...according to Law Companies shouldn't count the non-convicted records while hiring, but they do consider when there are 2 candidates why should they offer me, they should offer others, who has no "?" mark. 

So any -ve court stamp ( Irrespective of court verdict) your life is almost done here specially while you are a typical software developer who canot work on your own and depend on companies to give you jobs. 

also adding to the statement of what I said 

In California, a court file is a public record. It cannot be sealed no matter what the outcome of the case. Also, expungement means something in California if someone was convicted, did their punishment and did their time etc. After that, as a part to expunge, they add one more line saying conviction set aside, but still anyone, absolutely anyone can go and read it. In some states, after 2-3 years, they let you seal it, California does not let u do that. It is pretty bad on that. Hence, I am very nervous about what will happen to my future, even though I practically won the case, never convicted. 

In all Job Searches companies will be very careful...according to Law Companies shouldn't count the non-convicted records while hiring, but they do consider when there are 2 candidates why should they offer me, they should offer others, who has no "?" mark. 

So any -ve court stamp ( Irrespective of court verdict) your life is almost done here specially while you are a typical software developer who canot work on your own and depend on companies to give you jobs. 

I am not sure if that is correct. Do you have a reference?

There is PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records,) which has court records from District courts upwards and bankruptcy courts. But PACER is nation-wide. And most companies probably don't have accounts (I personally do have a PACER account, because of specific cases I was interested in, e.g., the TVU case.)

I am not sure if that is correct. Do you have a reference?

There is PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records,) which has court records from District courts upwards and bankruptcy courts. But PACER is nation-wide. And most companies probably don't have accounts (I personally do have a PACER account, because of specific cases I was interested in, e.g., the TVU case.)

Well Companies hire the third party vendors to  do the verification process, they have as a whole access or get access from people like you to do their job, 

Point here is the flaw in the law that if some innocent get caught in a case any of the reason even though he come out as clean cheat your career life is done specifically white color jobs. your search is widely limited .(already there are lot of limitations on jobs, only citizens, only green cards) on the TOP you are having any issues like this you are done..

Well Companies hire the third party vendors to  do the verification process, they have as a whole access or get access from people like you to do their job, 

Point here is the flaw in the law that if some innocent get caught in a case any of the reason even though he come out as clean cheat your career life is done specifically white color jobs. your search is widely limited .(already there are lot of limitations on jobs, only citizens, only green cards) on the TOP you are having any issues like this you are done..

Again, you haven't provided a link that it would only apply to CA.

PACER is nation wide, so if things were as you claim, this would be an issue everywhere.

Please don't perpetuate rumors that don't seem to have any grounding in facts.

What is the situation regarding your court case

Thinking of 3 options ..Court date is in next month

1) Anyway no use at the end of the day even if I hire top-notch lawyer, 

so hire a cheap lawyer just for worst case

2)Leaving the country and never come back so atleast I can survive in other countries, while the court verdict is pending so I can say I never commited any crime any where. considering only judgement verdict matters.

3) Not like to discuss here.. 

Thinking of 3 options ..Court date is in next month

1) Anyway no use at the end of the day even if I hire top-notch lawyer, 

so hire a cheap lawyer just for worst case

2)Leaving the country and never come back so atleast I can survive in other countries, while the court verdict is pending so I can say I never commited any crime any where. considering only judgement verdict matters.

3) Not like to discuss here.. 

I see Some of the replies are too exaggerated and fear-mongering. 

I was in a similar trouble sometime ago but received a citation and not booked fortunately. And I did leave the country when case was in progress. But on reentry after visit abroad, still was taken to secondary inspection. The officer there just waved to me to go. Probably because my family was with me :)

In your case also. Even if convicted,  it is not the end of the world. One misdemeanor is excused and you won't be denied entry.

But better hire a criminal defense lawyer and get the case dropped or get a pre-trial diversion and then get the case dismissed. It might cost 1000- 2000 not 5000-10000 as someone mentioned.

I see Some of the replies are too exaggerated and fear-mongering.

I was in a similar trouble sometime ago but received a citation and not booked fortunately. And I did leave the country when case was in progress. But on reentry after visit abroad, still was taken to secondary inspection. The officer there just waved to me to go. Probably because my family was with me :)

In your case also. Even if convicted, it is not the end of the world. One misdemeanor is excused and you won't be denied entry.

But better hire a criminal defense lawyer and get the case dropped or get a pre-trial diversion and then get the case dismissed. It might cost 1000- 2000 not 5000-10000 as someone mentioned.

Hi has your case dismissed? What was outcome? For visa stamping did the VO ask about your case?

Archived