MTR processing time for denied case

dixitd

Thanks for those supporting words. Service request can only be raised once in a month and it will not take in another service request when the current one is pending. I am not sure how your employer was  able to place another service request when the current one was pending?? Could you please check and let me know? It would be really helpful. I places a service request on feb 14th and 21st i got a mail saying that the application is still in the processing timeframe. When my attorney from Murthy.com called they told them we cannot raise another service request as the current one is pending.

Thanks !

Hi Tejas,

My employer called USCIS and raised request. I placed one through USCIS website.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do?locale=en-us

Thanks,

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

After raising an e-request, my attorney followed up with them and the uscis said there is no record of processing for motion to re-open and it all depends on the case load. They didn't provide any information to us. I don't know what uscis guys are doing. Do you guys think about this? 

Thanks,

letsgeth1

Hi ,

I think you should be getting a response soon. My friend who has applied on Aug 20th got an acceptance last week

I am assuming you might get in next couple of weeks.

I am not sure why it's still in Post decision activity, its been way more than a month. Any idea guys why it got struck in post decision activity?

Hello I got an email from my university that my Change of status got approved but when I check the uscis website nothing has changed(no case update). Does that mean my H1b got approved? Please reply.

You might want to just call your university and ask those guys??

did you apply for any other petition other than H1B from last year... Then the answer to your question is probably yes. But confirm with your university/Lawyer/Employer.

Hey guys,

My old receipt number (for denied petition says): On February 25, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened.

The receipt number for I290B (MTR) says: On August 2, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. 

What do you guys think?
Thank you

Hey guys,

My old receipt number (for denied petition says): On February 25, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened.

The receipt number for I290B (MTR) says: On August 2, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. 

What do you guys think?

Thank you

When did you applied 290b ?

When did you applied 290b ?

vReddy439, attorney sent documents on August 1st, 2013. USCIS (Vermont center), received I290B for MTR on August 2nd, 2013.

Is there any update on your case? Does the status of your denied petition say anything?

Thanks

vReddy439, attorney sent documents on August 1st, 2013. USCIS (Vermont center), received I290B for MTR on August 2nd, 2013.

Is there any update on your case? Does the status of your denied petition say anything?

Thanks

My I290B was sent on Nov 21 2013..Still no change in both status's. My attorney raised service request last week and they told that "We'll let you the update by March 29" . Lets see what happens. 

My I290B was sent on Nov 21 2013..Still no change in both status's. My attorney raised service request last week and they told that "We'll let you the update by March 29" . Lets see what happens.

We raised 2nd service request last week. They gave the same response as yours that they will update us within 15 days.

We Got the reply from vsc that there is no fixed time frame to process i290b.

I290b pending since august 28 :-(

Employer cannot file mulitple H1's for single employee. Your first H1 is under pending, so he cannot file another H1 for you.

Rahul412: thanks for the feedback. I had talked with 3 lawyers and all of them said that it's fine....still I will confirm from another lawyer too.

question: one of my friends wants to know if there are any cons to putting in 2 different petitions from 2 different employers? He is getting offers from 2 companies. Appreciate your feedback.

Rahul412: thanks for the feedback. I had talked with 3 lawyers and all of them said that it's fine....still I will confirm from another lawyer too.

question: one of my friends wants to know if there are any cons to putting in 2 different petitions from 2 different employers? He is getting offers from 2 companies. Appreciate your feedback.

No need to confirm. That's LAW, here is the proof

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/h-1b-fiscal-year-fy-2014-cap-season

"On March 19, 2008, USCIS announced a regulatory change to prohibit employers from filing multiple or duplicative H-1B petitions for the same employee. To ensure fair and orderly distribution of available H-1Bs, USCIS will deny or revoke multiple or duplicative petitions filed by an employer for the same H-1B worker and will not refund the filing fees submitted with multiple or duplicative petitions."

No need to confirm. That's LAW, here is the proof

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/h-1b-fiscal-year-fy-2014-cap-season

"On March 19, 2008, USCIS announced a regulatory change to prohibit employers from filing multiple or duplicative H-1B petitions for the same employee. To ensure fair and orderly distribution of available H-1Bs, USCIS will deny or revoke multiple or duplicative petitions filed by an employer for the same H-1B worker and will not refund the filing fees submitted with multiple or duplicative petitions."

Rahul/All,

Filing Multiple petitions by a single employer for an Individual in the same fiscal year is a problem. This is not being filed for the same Fiscal year. Hope that helps.

Thx.

Good news.
This evening the status of my denied petition changed to the following:
On March 13, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.
(POST DECISION ACTIVITY) 

The status of my I-290B still says the following:

On August 2, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. 

(INITIAL REVIEW)

Just waiting for I-797 notice now, hopefully it will have I-94 attached.

Good news.

This evening the status of my denied petition changed to the following:

On March 13, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.

(POST DECISION ACTIVITY) 

The status of my I-290B still says the following:

On August 2, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. 

(INITIAL REVIEW)

Just waiting for I-797 notice now, hopefully it will have I-94 attached.

I am so Happy for you from the bottom of my heart. Tears started rolling out of my eyes, as soon as I saw your message. It felt like, my own appeal got approved. It has opened the doors for hope.. Still 17 more days to go....

Good, that you have finally got out of this lottery game from this year....

Rahul/All,

Filing Multiple petitions by a single employer for an Individual in the same fiscal year is a problem. This is not being filed for the same Fiscal year. Hope that helps.

Thx.

That's correct. My understanding is that single an cannot file multiple H1's for single employee. But in this case at the end of the day employee will be having two H1's from same employer. So I am not sure how this works when it comes to fiscal year.

I am so Happy for you from the bottom of my heart. Tears started rolling out of my eyes, as soon as I saw your message. It felt like, my own appeal got approved. It has opened the doors for hope.. Still 17 more days to go....

Good, that you have finally got out of this lottery game from this year....

Thank you for your nice words!

I really hope everything works out for you! Good luck! :)

Archived