Documents sent back to USCIS on DEC 14th from Kolkata Consulate

longwait4it

Me & my wife attended for the H1b & H4 visa interview at Kolkata consulate on Dec 14th 2011. VO didn't ask for any papers except the client letters and H1b petition packet including the RFE papers. They sent it back to USCIS. it's more than three months and I haven't heard anything back from USCIS yet. Now my questions are:

1. Is there any way we can find out where the documents are?

2. Once I hear back from USCIS, generally how long does it take to get the re-approved petition?

If any one has went through the same situation, please let me know.

I appreciate your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

My case was sent back to USCIS for review.

Last month, status changed to Request for evidence response review.

Based on forums, usually people get either re-affirmation or noir after is case sent back.

Did anyone face similar situation? Status changed to RFE Response Review after case sent back to USCIS?

Hi

Based on forums, usually people get either re-affirmation or noir after is case sent back.

Did anyone face similar situation? Status changed to RFE Response Review after case sent back to USCIS?

@h12345: Mine changed to post Decision Activity. I don't know what does that mean? What was your interview date?

Hi

@h12345: i'm also having similar situation.

I had a visa interview at mumbai consulate in the second week of January, 2012.....where i was issued White 221(g). i submitted required documents in a week......

then in the 2nd week of february i got a letter saying that my petition has been sent to USCIS for review....

in the 2nd week of march, my employer received RFE for my petition......

In the first week of April, my employer send the response to that RFE.......

Currently Status: it shows on USCIS website that they received RFE response on 9th April and they are reviewing it......

When and where did you have your interview?

@longwait4it: our interview was in July

@h1stuck: we were interviewed at Delhi

is it possible that a decision was sent, and for some reason attorney missed the decision?

is it a good idea to contact USCIS before 60 days?

@h12345 : your lawyer can definitely contact USCIS, that's not going to make things worst at least...it's always worth a try..and about your lawyer, I don't think they will miss the letter or any information sent out by USCIS. But co ordinate with them. So that they can keep in touch with USCIS. and let us know if you have any updates in between...

Best of Luck!!

Archived