Travel to US with approved H1b but terminated employment

Hello Friends,

I came to India for visa stamping and it has been done.However due to lockdown I did not receive my passport in time from Consulate. Since i stuck in India for these 4 months, I had to terminate my US job employment last month unwillingly. My employer and sponsor is same.

Now, I received the stamped passport and would like to know with that stamped passport am I eligible to travel to US and search of new job.

Please suggest your opinion.

Thanks,

Edited by dushyantk

You can NOT travel with it because the job does not exist anymore. It would be immigration fraud and would get you banned for life.

You would have to find a new job from your home country.

A new employer can file an H1 transfer, and when that is approved you can travel with the existing valid visa and a copy of the new approval notice..

Now, I received the stamped passport and would like to know with that stamped passport am I eligible to travel to US and search of new job. --- You may travel but at POE what if they try to validate your employment. They might contact your employer and when your employer says that you do not work for them then you will get into troubles. I suggest DO NOT travel.

Talk with your employer and see whether they can help you out on this. If they cannot help you need to find new employer and get H1B approved. Once you get H1B approved you can travel to USA with new stamped visa and new H1B approval notice. No need for you to go for new stamping.

Please keep in mind Trump EO that is effect till end of this year.