H4 to H1B Cos can work?

Hi.

My H1B  extension got denied Sep 2019, I left to India and got it approved through the counselor process. But when I attended the visa interview I was put on hold on 221g. As you know 221g takes a long time to get resolved I flew back to the USA on H4 visa.

My I-140 is approved and I have 3 years remaining on H1B out of 6years.

1. I have a job offer with the same client where my extension got denied can I join them as a contractor?

2. I have an employer who is ready to sponsor my H1B  and file my COS.

My question is he indicates that I can start working on the FedEx tracking number? Is that true that I can start working?

3. I have even applied for my H4 EAD, it has been more than month no updates yet, is there a way that I can expedite this process?

3 hours ago, siri221 said:

Hi.

My H1B  extension got denied Sep 2019, I left to India and got it approved through the counselor process. But when I attended the visa interview I was put on hold on 221g. As you know 221g takes a long time to get resolved I flew back to the USA on H4 visa.

My I-140 is approved and I have 3 years remaining on H1B out of 6years.

1. I have a job offer with the same client where my extension got denied can I join them as a contractor?

2. I have an employer who is ready to sponsor my H1B  and file my COS.

My question is he indicates that I can start working on the FedEx tracking number? Is that true that I can start working?

3. I have even applied for my H4 EAD, it has been more than month no updates yet, is there a way that I can expedite this process?

1. Yes.

That is not right. Your COS needs to be approved before you start.

3. No way to expedite.