Travel to US on H1 with passport expiring before visa stamp

pinky93

Hi

Let's say I went for visa stamping and got stamped till 2022. While my passport has validity till 2020 , I am sure that my i-94 will be till 2020 only ,once i reach United states. But My concern is

• Is it better to extend the passport and go for stamping?
  • For some emergency reasons, if i want to go without extending the passport, does the immigration officer strike off my visa stamped date and validity only upto 2020 , though i got stamped till 2022?
  • If the above statement is valid situation , as i want to travel again in short duration(in less than six months ) with my renewed passport , then do i have to go for stamping again(will they accept DS-160 form ,though i got my stamping recently done ) to ensure my visa stamped date is till 2022.

Thanks
Appreciate your responses

19 hours ago, pinky93 said:

Hi

Let's say I went for visa stamping and got stamped till 2022. While my passport has validity till 2020 , I am sure that my i-94 will be till 2020 only ,once i reach United states. But My concern is

• Is it better to extend the passport and go for stamping?
  • For some emergency reasons, if i want to go without extending the passport, does the immigration officer strike off my visa stamped date and validity only upto 2020 , though i got stamped till 2022?
  • If the above statement is valid situation , as i want to travel again in short duration(in less than six months ) with my renewed passport , then do i have to go for stamping again(will they accept DS-160 form ,though i got my stamping recently done ) to ensure my visa stamped date is till 2022.

Thanks
Appreciate your responses

1. Yes that is the best option.

2. No, they don't do that.

Archived