AC21 question

Hi Members/Attorneys,

Greetings. I would like to get advice from members or attorneys with regards to the following.

"My priority date is Dec 2nd 2008 and have a pending 485 for more than 2 years (Aug 2014 is when the paper work got submitted to TSC). I am a senior java developer working as a contractor and would like to pursue a full time position with the same job title, responsibilities and the whole nine yards, for a fortune 500 firm. Would it cause any issues with my GC processing, if I send a letter to USCIS stating the fact that, I no longer have the intent to work for the sponsoring employer, and provide supporting evidence (EVL etc)"

Please advice.

Regards,

Karthik

You need to have the intention of using AC21 to take up the new job as your AOS is pending more than 6 months. You need a Lawyer to opine whether you should proactively inform the USCIS on joining the new company about your intent to use AC21 or wait for an RFE. You NEED a lawyer involved. Where is the question of informing USCIS that you are not going to work for A? If you send such a letter the GC application may be revoked.

Archived