H4 Extension pending. H1B extension approved on 20th April 2016 . I797 received without I94 for H1B

singhsr1982

Hi

My spouse H1B extension got approved on 20th April 2016. However his consultant received the I797 approval notice without I94. He was told that he will need to go back to india to get the visa stamping. Questions:

1) My and my daughters H4 was also filed with him in premium processing on 7th April 2016 but approval is still pending. We enquired about this with USCIS and they have raised a service request for my case. Do i also need to go back to india for stamping with my husband?

2) If yes, then will there be an issue in getting visa stamped in both of our cases . His visa is approved until 2018 but mine is still pending.

3) How does 180 days validity of stay affects our case? Should we count 180 days from approval date or application date?

I would appreciate your response

Hi

My spouse H1B extension got approved on 20th April 2016. However his consultant received the I797 approval notice without I94. He was told that he will need to go back to india to get the visa stamping. Questions:

1) My and my daughters H4 was also filed with him in premium processing on 7th April 2016 but approval is still pending. We enquired about this with USCIS and they have raised a service request for my case. Do i also need to go back to india for stamping with my husband?

2) If yes, then will there be an issue in getting visa stamped in both of our cases . His visa is approved until 2018 but mine is still pending.

3) How does 180 days validity of stay affects our case? Should we count 180 days from approval date or application date?

I would appreciate your response

Archived