Travel situation

Recommended Posts


Need advice on my possible travel to India in few weeks.

Here is my current situation.

GC applied under EB1-C

I140 approved

I485 pending

I131 pending

I765 (new card to be produced) which I hope is an indication that my ead should come in next 7-10 working days. First question is - is that correct understanding?

My h1-B extension valid till 2018 but h1-b visa on my passport is expired as of October last year.

My main question is if I were to travel to India in a month and assuming my approved ead is with me at that time, do I need to get my h1-B stamped in India to re-enter US?

Ps - not sure if it will change response to my query but I also have a valid b1/b2 visa.

Please advice.

Link to comment

Thanks for your response. 


I read about i765 EAD/AP combo card. On what basis will USCIS issue that? If that is issued (which I learnt is upto USCIS discretion), I don't need a separate AP card, right?


With my current I765 status as "Card was mailed to me" whereas I131 status as "pending", is that an indicator that I am not getting combo card?


Kindly let me know.

Link to comment

I received my EAD card today and it is a combo card (with AP for 1 year)


Is it safe to assume that I can now travel outside US and return using this card without having to get my H1-B stamped in India?


Also, I learnt about filing an i9 for to travel. What is it needed and is it mandatory to fill it for my travel?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.