COS to H4 from H1 - India or Canada


Recommended Posts



I had been laid off on Jauary 8th 2016 on H1B and I am still trying to find a job. My wife is in US working. I am planning to get my COS done to H4. Do I have to go back to India only? Or can I go to Canada and get my H4 stamping done?? Please advise.


Note:- I have a Canada Tourist Visa.

Link to comment

You seem to be a bit confused.

COS is change of status, which is in the US and involves filing form I-539.

Getting an H4 visa stamp is something different. If you have been out of status, getting a visa stamp in a third country may not work.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.