H1B1 and not H1b

doubtfeb2013

Hi,

I had H1B1 (Not H1b) visa in the year 2000, I got it stamped in India and worked in US for 2 years. Now this H1b1 is only for singapore / chile people  became active on January 1, 2004

Can any advanced member/senior can explain me what is the visa type H1B1 before year 2004, did they had agreement with India for H1b1 visa also ?

thanks

db

The H1B1 is specific to the Chile/Singapore agreement. It did not exist before, and it does not exist for any other country.

But, I have received I129 with H1b1 in india from a US employer stamped in Indian US consulate and went to US and returned back in year 2000.

I agree your point, that H1B1 for Chile/Singapore is started from Jan 2004.  

Any expert opinion pls ?

But, I have received I129 with H1b1 in india from a US employer stamped in Indian US consulate and went to US and returned back in year 2000.

I agree your point, that H1B1 for Chile/Singapore is started from Jan 2004.  

Any expert opinion pls ?

Back then, the form may have said H1B1, but it was an H1B.

I think my old H1 had that as well. I think I wondered about that back when they introduced the H1B1.

All this is essentially just the paragraph in the law where the category is defined, for the H1, INA 101(a)(15)(H).

Back then, there was a section 101(a)(H)(i)(b)(i), I think. Nowadays, the H1B1 is defined in section 101(a)(15)(H(i)(b1).

The law sections change over time. Nothing to worry about.

Archived