H1, H4 Extensions - Premium Processing.

srisat

My current H1B is up for extension (H1B/H4 valid till March) and my employer wants to file in premium right away.

My question:

If I file both H1B, H4 extension with Premium Processing. will both H1/H4 are processed in premium ? Is it possible that only H1 extension is done , but H4 is pending? is it common?

thanks

It depends upon the office who handles your case. PP is only for H1. If you have filed the extension together than both will be approved at the same time. Best example is my case.I had applied under normal process for H1B and H4 extension in June 2015. As I had my travel already booked for India in late Jan, I had to go with PP.My case was approved within 7 working days followed by H4 after 2 hrs

It depends upon the office who handles your case. PP is only for H1. If you have filed the extension together than both will be approved at the same time. Best example is my case.I had applied under normal process for H1B and H4 extension in June 2015. As I had my travel already booked for India in late Jan, I had to go with PP.My case was approved within 7 working days followed by H4 after 2 hrs

Hi Friend

I am in the same situation like you. I have applied for H1 b extension along with H4 extension in regular processing and the case was received on aug 24 2015 by california center. its been 4.5 months and there is no update yet.

I am thinking of changing it to premium processing. My question is will my wife's H4 also be processed in premium processing ?

My employer says that some times H1 will be approved in premium  and H4 will be in regular processing. is it true ?

which service center have you applied and when did your H4 got approved after h1 approval

I really appreciate your response

Thanks

Deepak 

Mine was Vermont Center and H4 was approved within 2 hrs after my H1 got approved. This is per USCIS site..

"If a family member files an I-539 application concurrently with the principal beneficiary's petition, USCIS will process the application for the family member along with the Premium Processing petition. Although the family member must pay the regular fee for his/her own I-539 application, no additional fee for the I-539 application filed by the family member will be required.

This applies ONLY to dependents of the beneficiary of the Premium Processing petition."

Hi, 

I am in the same boat. I have received my H1B approval filed under premium processing however my spouse H4 extension is still due. Both the cases were filed concurrently. The case was filed on 12/29. My Questions are:

1. Can my spouse travel to home country with my H1b approval and H4 due with USCIS?

2. Can she get VISA re-stamped there?

3. How much time does it take for USCIS (Vermont Center) to approve H4 extension cases filed concurrently under premium mode?

Thank you.

Hi, 

I am in the same boat. I have received my H1B approval filed under premium processing however my spouse H4 extension is still due. Both the cases were filed concurrently. The case was filed on 12/29. My Questions are:

1. Can my spouse travel to home country with my H1b approval and H4 due with USCIS?

3. How much time does it take for USCIS (Vermont Center) to approve H4 extension cases filed concurrently under premium mode?

Thank you.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Should be along with you. Check with USCIS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

- Once employee's position rolled off @ end client location, Can he start working for his current employer's different client at different location while H1B pending?

- if YES, Is it possible to file/submit LCA and amendment while H1B extension pending state?

- if NO, Will status will become illegal after his position rolled off at present client location?

- If Current employer, H1B extension Upgraded to Premium and OK to retain employee at current location till H1B petition approved (Hopefully 2-3 weeks). Will there be any any problem with immigration laws?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Thank you.

Hi There,

I am currently in similar situation. Did you get H-4 (I-539) approved yet? If so then after how many days of H-1B approval.

Thank You.

• 7 months later...

>>

I have been to my home country and got my/spouse visa stamped. we got new I94 at port of entry. However my spouse H4 extension is still due which was filled on 12/29. My case was filled under PP concurrently with my spouse. Do you know what should I do?

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys,
My H1B and wife's H4 dependent VISA are going to expire on 30th April, 2017. I will be apply for H1B & H4 (for wife) extension on 1st Feb,2017 in premium through my employer. My wife has to go to India for some family urgency on 16th Feb,2017 which is at the time of processing of her H4 extension. I will be in USA until get  my extension approval,  then go to India and come back with new stamping. So, my questions is -

1> Will her H4 extension be considered as abandoned? If so, how USCIS get to know that she is not in USA? Do I need to Inform USCIS for her travel and abandon H4 extension file?
2> Should I file her H4 extension, as i know she might not be fully available while processing?

3> Can we both stamp of our VISA when I go to India with my H1B approval only? Is stamping possible through DropBox?

Advance thanks for reply.

Regards,
Ambarish

• 1 year later...

Am in the same boat, can someone please respond to the above query. 

My VISA expiring in March-2019, Extension will be initiated in September-2018, my wife and kid travelling to India in September before initiating the extension process. so

Can i initiate the my wife H4 extension when she is out f country?

How will USCIS get to know that my Wife is not in the country?

if i cant initiate my wife H4 extension when she is out of country, Can we both get stamping on my H1B extension approval? 

If not can she go for stamping in India, in September-2018 with the current i797 which is valid until March-2019? 

Appreciate your quick response on this. 

Archived